SS Backpack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Backpack?

Would like to get some opinions of the ss backpack offered on the e-stand. Is this an early ss item or could it have been for any political group like the SA as well???
    Thanks, Doug

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=196378

Doug,
    My answer would be yes for use by political organisations rather than ss, Too often you find items rzm marked called SS items, there are back packs out there that are SS issue these are SS/RZM marked, in fact i think there is one on the estand at the moment or there was a few days ago, some SS packs are very well marked with the leather carry straps SS/RZM marked, the back of the pack is also stamped SS/RZM and in a lot of cases cloth labels on the inside.
    cheers
    Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Wood View Post
      Doug,
      My answer would be yes for use by political organisations rather than ss, Too often you find items rzm marked called SS items, there are back packs out there that are SS issue these are SS/RZM marked, in fact i think there is one on the estand at the moment or there was a few days ago, some SS packs are very well marked with the leather carry straps SS/RZM marked, the back of the pack is also stamped SS/RZM and in a lot of cases cloth labels on the inside.
      cheers
      Gary

With all respect I disagree with you Gary, in my opinion you would have bin right if it was a (light) brown back pack but in this case it’s a field grey coloured one, not the (light) brown ones in use by NSDAP, HJ or other political organisations.

Comment

Originally posted by Ostfries View Post
        With all respect I disagree with you Gary, in my opinion you would have bin right if it was a (light) brown back pack but in this case it’s a field grey coloured one, not the (light) brown ones in use by NSDAP, HJ or other political organisations.
        Disagreement is good, but not all political items are brown, if it was an SS back pack it would be marked as such not just rzm marked IMO, Items that I have seen that have been just RZM marked are SS property stamped and just because its grey does not make it SS, you mention HJ above I have also seen plenty of the small HJ type bread bags in both brown and grey. The dj march pack although smaller than this example was grey canvas

what is the date on the rzm leather stamp? and can you provide a clearer shot of the label?

but I am sure there are other more well versed in political stuff than i that can shed more light

cheers
        Gary

PS IF the question was only could this pack have been used by the SS then my reply would have been yes but it is advertised as an SS pack which it is not IMO

Comment

ss marked

yes guys i had a ss marked one on estand, clearly ss marked still for sale or exchange ,will

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Wood View Post
            Disagreement is good, but not all political items are brown, if it was an SS back pack it would be marked as such not just rzm marked IMO, Items that I have seen that have been just RZM marked are SS property stamped and just because its grey does not make it SS, you mention HJ above I have also seen plenty of the small HJ type bread bags in both brown and grey. The dj march pack although smaller than this example was grey canvas

what is the date on the rzm leather stamp? and can you provide a clearer shot of the label?

but I am sure there are other more well versed in political stuff than i that can shed more light

cheers
            Gary

PS IF the question was only could this pack have been used by the SS then my reply would have been yes but it is advertised as an SS pack which it is not IMO

Disagreement is indeed no problem, especially in the respectful way you reply Gary.

Personally I never encountered grey HJ equipment, but then again I’m not into the political collecting area at all.<O</O
            As readable in the advertising thread that, unfortunately, I don’t posses a quality digital camera to “capture” the label nor the leather stamp good enough on a picture, but as additional information I can ad that the label is white and not brown like mostly encountered in/on political equipment.<O</O
            The leather stamp says RZM L3/9/39, so I assume that the back pack is from 1939 just like I assumed that it was probably for use by the SS, but if there is someone who can positively determine that it is a back pack for use by NSDAP, HJ or other political organisation I will immediately list it as such.

<O</ORegards,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X