• Show
Clear All

h

Hi

Thanks for your comments

I have this last one
    Attached Files

Comment

This last tab seem interesting. Not that its an original tab like its is now but I feel that the skull can be an original and the rank tab as well. Probably a put together by a GI. You should try to remove the skull gently and take a pic of it.

Might be an ok skull and thats nice!

"Felix" - N. Hansson

Comment

That TK has no business being on that tab, but both look original. Since it doesn't belong there, I recommend carefully removing the TK from the tab and giving us a look at the reverse.

Comment

h

Hi

Thanks for your comments

The collat tab was found together with the SS runes.

Comment

coll

Last edited by helmetfan; 01-01-2007, 01:59 PM.

Comment

My bet is the GI who brought back the ss tab and blank tab applied the ss skull to the tab to ss it up!!..Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
                That TK has no business being on that tab, but both look original. Since it doesn't belong there, I recommend carefully removing the TK from the tab and giving us a look at the reverse.
                I warned you to be careful removing that skull. I see that you broke off the second pin:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=200819

Pity.

Comment

the second pin....noooooooooooooo!

Comment

I would have left it on the tab. It was a piece of history albeit a little bit strange. Now it's just a ruined skull and a damaged tab with a hole in it

Comment

Originally posted by redfaced View Post
                      I would have left it on the tab. It was a piece of history albeit a little bit strange. Now it's just a ruined skull and a damaged tab with a hole in it
                      Yes, that's my opinion too

Comment

Originally posted by redfaced View Post
                        You assume that the TK was put on the tab by the capturing vet, but there is no reason to conclude that was necessarily the case. It looks like it was on there a long time, but it could just as easily have been put there by some kid who received these items after the war. Would you still think it was a piece of history which needed to stay put together if that were the case?

I wonder what he did with the pin. Do you think he just threw it away?

Comment

I just think that it was a complete item of curiosity, now it it isn't. I was lambasted asking the forum if I should re-paint the core of an EK. I now realise that you should in most circumstances leave well alone. IMO that tab with the skull looked quite nice. Just my opinion

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X