No announcement yet.

SS breeches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

other than the stamp i don.t see any thing wrong with them they could very well been used for eather NSKK or SS

Comment

That last stamp is even better! shows the bolt of cloth was taxed and controlled RZM quality material...i have seen DJ RZM
      HJ RZM
      this looks to be VT or VI RZM

Construction looks good, i would still lean towards NSKK, but the exact same style of pants were used by the SS,so you really can't go wrong..

Comment

Gary - would you explain your comment on the SS-BW stamp, and rate the breeches ex-this issue. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Antiquefrog View Post
          Gary - would you explain your comment on the SS-BW stamp,
          Explain? the stamp is bogus (fake) and why would they be SS-BW stamped anyway? or in the case of the breaches SS BW in a very long elongated box, also the 2 other stamps above the black number 52, SS and RZM these are also bogus and meaningless without a contract code or date, the stamp in the brown shirt that came with the these breaches is also bogus and is a copy of the cloth label,

There is a period booklet that covers the placement of stamps and labels in clothing and equipment does anyone have a copy? I have seen one that a friend owns but alas he will not share it although i have had a look in the past, I also turned my nose up when i have chance to buy one at a german show many years ago (20+) because someone had badly stamped it up to the TK div and wanted about £300.00 ( 900DM was the price) for it,

Is there any traces of a label sewn under the rear pocket?

are they period breaches? YES,
          are they ss issue breaches NO,
          could they have been worn by the SS YES possibly,

but the bogus stamps would put me off buying them even at NSKK prices.

Anyway that is my opinion if anyone disagrees I am always eager to learn

cheers
          Gary

Comment

there is no single point to disagree

Comment

Gary - Thanks for your reply - I fear my question seemed amateurish to you, but I certainly appreciate the information, and I am sure others do.

Comment

What would the price have to come down to, to be acceptable for sale...50% off?

That is the problem with fake stamps, or re-applied insignia,in the end the purist collector will not want it, but for a period display i would certainly have them (especially if the insides were not to be shown..)

the pricepoint is the real issue at this moment..

Comment

Originally posted by Antiquefrog View Post
                  I fear my question seemed amateurish to you,
                  Antiquefrog,

No not at all
                  cheers
                  Gary

Comment

Originally posted by kurskss View Post

the pricepoint is the real issue at this moment..

I disagree price has nothing to do with it, it should always be the originality of the item that counts, in reality a nice pair of period trousers have been taken and ruined IMO yes i know the stamps are on the inside, but they are still there

And back to a question I asked earlier is there any trace of a label on the underside of the back pocket flap?

cheers
                    gary

Comment

SS breeches

If my associate still has them in his possesion, I will find out and and reply.

BTW, after Arran reviewed the "SS Brown shirt" he confirmed that it was not a period piece at all.

Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X