Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Julleuchter For Opinions

HI

I AM NOT AN EXPERT IN THIS KIND OF PIECES !!!!
    THAT IS WHY I AM CALLING YOUR HELP.

IS IT AN ORIGINAL ?
    WHAT IS THE VALUE ?

BEST REGARDS

XAVIER
    Attached Files

Close Up
    Attached Files

Comment

That looks like a good one to me. A little worn and dirty, but it looks like honest use. I like that.

You only show two sides. Does one of the other side have a set of 6 dots (in 2 three dot rows)? See my example below, just to the side of the left heart. As I understand it, these dots are found on SOME early originals

I've seen these sell very easily for anywhere in the $400-$600 range. Some people say they are worth more, and I've seen people asking for up into the $800-1200 range, but I haven't personally seen them sell for that. I have an excellent condition example, and I think it cost me $450ish. I would have paid more, but got lucky.

Are you buying it or selling?

Comment

Happy Holidays !

Nice display, now I want one !

Comment

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLIES !!!

i bought this JULLEUCHTER for 40 euros.

BUT THERE IS A LITTLE PROBLEM .....
          LET PIC TALKING THE REST.....

REGARDS
          Attached Files

Comment

This Is Not An Early Cause I Don T See The Six Dot.

Regars

Comment

Originally posted by LOTHRINGEN View Post
              This Is Not An Early Cause I Don T See The Six Dot.

Regars
              Hmmm....

The texture looks pretty rough too, and the dots look pretty worn down. Couldn't quite see that on your first photos. Dunno.

I'm told that the molds they used on these were sometimes used long past their prime, and as the mold wore out, the texture and sharpness of the detail began to slip.

Or it could possibly be a reproduction made from a casting of an original Julleuchter, which might explain the technically correct shape, but problematic grainy surface. I haven't heard of such a thing, but I think it wouldn't be too difficult to do. I haven't seen a confirmed repro that has the quite the same sloping lines and ridged edges as an original though, which is what I judged yours on.

Too bad about the cracks/break/whatever it is. However, those can be struturally and cosmetically repaired to a degree. Still a nice peice for 40 Euros, whatever the case - fake or real, solid or cracked.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X