Please Give Me An Answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Give Me An Answer

i have a question about some of the ss armbands in period photos check out the one in the karl wolff photos photo number 65 hey why is this armbands on the tunic so large in width and such huge roundel for a tunic!!and look how skinny the swas is!any response?every time a skinny one comes across here everyone says too skinny swastika.and that wide armbands with huge round roundels are for overcoats but i see them in period photos constantly another is in a group shot of ss guards on the back of hayes book same type of armband huge roundel very large it goes under the stripes!!and on a tunic not overcoat!!!!

this is the thread

SS-Obergruppenführer Wolff photos is the name of the thread the picture is in

Comment

heres the photo

Comment

Well,one answer is that there are exceptions to every rule..however that does not change the fact that there are far too many skinny swastika fakes out there, however that is not the only identifier on those repro armbands...

Some of the width of the swastika might have been lost in the colourisation of the photo shown here......

Comment

The photo shows a distorted armband, wrinkled by the position of the arm. Also, the intense light washes out the darker areas and 'swells' the whites.

I have little doubt that this is a standard RZM armband.

Bob Hritz
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Lads,
            I'm using my eye's and see what I see, ie: skinny swaz...

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
              The photo shows a distorted armband, wrinkled by the position of the arm. Also, the intense light washes out the darker areas and 'swells' the whites.

I have little doubt that this is a standard RZM armband.

Bob Hritz
              Bob I disagree,
              I can't see any Intense Light Refraction Wash or Swell etc: All I see is a crappy armband that looks too skinny...????

Comment

lumsden book

hey robin maybe u can answer or...i also mentioned look at the armbands on the back of the lumsden big accoutrements ss uniforms etc. book the one with the shot of the black uniform with the aguilette.on the bACK EVERY SS OFFICER HAVE THESE HUGE ARMBANDS ON TUNICS!!! AND THE SHOT ABOVE HIS IS REAL BIG TOO

Comment

sorry

apologies i meant the HAYES BOOK !!the back of the hayes book.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X