SS-BW Stamp....need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS-BW Stamp....need help

Hi guys, I need help on this one. Its a M44 with a finish sleeve patch. It came to me from a good source but I do not know much about SS cloth. The tunic looks like a good example of a late war army, but I dont know enough about the insignias and markings. I do not have a great camera so the pics are a bit rough. I could use some opinions on this before I make a decision on keeping it or not.

[img=http://thumb5.webshots.net/t/59/459/4/2/90/2797402900040424625HKYLbB_th.jpg]

more pics

A few more pics

Comment

help

Anybody have any comments on the makings???? There is not a whole lot of info out there on this and I could use some help or at least a push in the wright direction

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz
        Okay, here is what I know. The SS-BW stencil is NO GOOD. What's more it is probably an Army M44 with the normal markings and somebody tried to up the ante on this by making it SS.

Historically the Finns pulled their volunteer regiment (or whatever size of unit it was) out of the Wiking Division probably long before the M44 tunic was available for issue. IMHO, this is something that is put together and as such is not historically accurate. I wouldn't trust it.

Bob

Bob, thanks for the reply. Are you saying the stamp is bad because of the configuration or because it did not exsist ? Also I did do my home work on the finish volunteers and yes they did pull out before 1944 but there were about 100 guys who did stay on and did not return home until the war was over. I have found documentation on it............

Comment

Bad in my opinion.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Wiking View Post
            Bad in my opinion.

Peter

Peter, thanks for the reply...What dont you like about it....thanks

Comment

Compare the "white" in the sleeve patch with the rest of the insignia. The sleeve eagle looks fake to me. I would walk away from it.

Peter

Comment

Compare the "white" in the sleeve patch with the rest of the insignia. I would walk away from it.

Peter
                Peter, Yes you are quite right there is a big differance. The fin patch is much more yellowish or dirtyer then the rest. ....Thankyou

Comment

Here is a complete set for the SS faker:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz
                    I'm saying that the configuration, the font, the border around it, etc. is not correct for the SS-BW. It is one of many fakes stencils around used to 'authenticate' something that isn't original. The seller is trying to make you believe that it is Army manufactured but reworked through the SS-Clothing-Works and then issued to a Finnish Volunteer.

I'm not buying it.

Bob
                    Bob, I understand and thankyou for the your time and help. Im glade I asked first before I made any decisions. I have not had enough SS cloth in my hands to know good from bad so this helps greatly.

Comment

Here is a complete set for the SS faker:
                      Peter thankyou also for your help. The center top stamp would be the one on the tunic.

Comment

stamp

Does anyone have a pic of what the SS-BW stamp should look like ???

Comment

Originally posted by chainsawrich View Post
                          Peter thankyou also for your help. The center top stamp would be the one on the tunic.
                          The one i showed is just an example and is different to the one used in the tunic. Learn about stitching, the panels and lining in a tunic. Learn about the cloth used at the time. Learn about the individual insignia.

Good luck.
                          Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X