Unusual Visor Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual Visor Cap

I was recently given a visor cap by a local veteran, he said he brought it back from Europe with him but could recall no firm details on where or how he got it. I have searched high and low and cant find anything like it anywhere in my research materials. Sorry, but I can't post photos but I will describe it:
    The cap is luftwaffe style with no piping. There are no identifying stamps or maker marks in the cap, no side buttons or chinstrap. The bill is black leather. On the peak of the cap--here is one of the odd things--there is an SS eagle sewn on, not the metal eagle but looks like a bevo sleeve eagle. Below the eagle where the cockade or death's head should be is a bevo SS collar tab. The hat looks neat but I am not sure what sort of creation it is. What do you guys think? Ever encountered anything like this before? Oh, and the insignia pass the black light test. I am thinking that this may be some post war Frankenstein creation.

In this case, a photo is completely necessary. As many as possible if you can.
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Sorry

As I said, for one thing, I dont have a digital camera and for another, I am not yet permitted to post photos on the forum. Sorry, I would love to let you guys have a look at it--it is pretty cool. I took it out to a friend of mine who collects helmets and he agreed that all the parts of the cap i.e. the actual cap, sleeve eagle, and lightening bolt insignia, are genuine, but he had never seen them all put together in such a configuration.

Comment

ChrisM;

If somehow you can get pix, e-mail them to me and I'd be more than happy to post them for you. You've really got my curiosity up.
        Best regards,

Tony

Comment

I will see what I can do

I will call around and see if I can find someone with a digital camera, If I can get some pics taken, I will be glad to email them to someone for posting, this is a real head scratcher!

Comment

Chris,
            your description has totally confused me and without a photo it could be anything, please advise us when you have the photos, if you can not find a digital camera then what about an ordinary camera and scan the photo's? if you do not have a scanner maybe a computer shop will do it for you and save it on a floppy disk,
            cheers,
            Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X