• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smock

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
      Here are the pics. More are coming when he gets them to me.
      Same smock, same opinion, I would Not own it (despite where it came from)!

B. N. Singer

Comment

Stinky Pinky !

Well now you can pick up a matching helmet cover on the cheap! It's just a matter of time before the pink zelt makes an appearence. And I cannot wait to see a combination made from this stuff!! My friends who went to Europe left behind alot of fakes as they bought out museums. I had no idea they left this bomb behind!!

Dr. TK

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
          Same smock, same opinion, I would Not own it (despite where it came from)!

B. N. Singer
          I agree with Mr. Singer. In the 1980s an honest dealer GAVE me one of these. When I asked him why he was giving it to me he said. "it's a fake, I cannot sell it." Years later I passed it on to a reenactor who still wears it on weekends.

John
          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
            ... In the 1980s an honest dealer GAVE me one of these. When I asked him why he was giving it to me he said. "it's a fake, I cannot sell it." Years later I passed it on to a reenactor who still wears it on weekends. John
            Thank you John,

If that isn't a "kiss of death," well, I don't know what would be.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Pink Smock.

Just a simple question to Singer and Totenkopf:
              Have you EVER seen a fake with misprinted camo, leaving unprinted raw cotton duck? In my opinion this is one of the safest proof of genuine cloth.
              It would be very interresting to know.
              Best regards
              Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Palmenmuster View Post
                Just a simple question to Singer...:
                Have you EVER seen a fake with misprinted camo, leaving unprinted raw cotton duck? In my opinion this is one of the safest proof of genuine cloth.
                It would be very interresting to know. Best regards Tom
                No, but then I have not stopped to look at these in a hard way since they first made their appearance to the collecting community. At that time, I acquired one and after a short period realized that I had acted in error and sold it. That mistake would certainly not be duplicated.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Tom
                  Hello Tom,

I would never consider using this logic when judging camouflage. It seems to me that errors could be created, either accidentally or intentionally, during the manufacture of a reproduction.
                  John
                  Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Just a simple question to Singer and Totenkopf:
                    It would be very interresting to know.
                    Best regards
                    Tom
                    Tom,

There is not only the printing error to consider (which I found on several of these), but also the fact that the pocket flaps were made on a different machine and sewn together with different color thread and attached to the smock body at the final point of assembly. None of this means that they could not be fake, however it does show that they were made up in a larger factory type evironment....which is no typical of 70s era fake uniforms.

There are several aspects of these smocks that make no sense in being found on a fake, but the nay sayers are very determined to consider these fake and it will take some overwhelming evidence to convince them otherwise.
                    Last edited by phild; 03-13-2008, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Dear Friends,
                      The pink smock is IMO a Fake smock, cloth, colors, size etc all is wrong.....this pink smock dont have nothing of the requirements that have to have an original SS smock.. I can tell this after examinated hundereds of SS duck cloths, I own personally more of 30 smocks and I dont want it in collection, also for $50 I would not take it!
                      I post now two pics of one smock of my collection, is a Oakleaf B very later, this is the only one original exemple that I saw with a colors very near at the "Pink "smock.....but different.

BY Lorenz
                      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Lorenz and list,
                          Once again, thank you for sharing some fotos of your very impressive collection! As you well know, the browns on original zelts, Tarnhemd, & covers printed on duck tend to take on an almost purple hue with time. Practically all my zelts exhibit this trend. Never have I seen it take on a reddish or pinkish hue. I'm sure you have noted the exact same thing.

As for the misses (roller slip or what ever else it is called) ATF's reproduction Oak pattern has several misses in the print. I'm not sure this was done on purpose or if it was a true mistake, but it is reproduction just the same.

Besten,
                          Sepp

Comment

The smock, in the photo, was purchased from Johannes Floch, from a pike of smocks he bought in Czechoslovakia. I thought it was a pink smock, but Robert Noss said it was just a common original. There were many smocks on Johan's table, all wrinkled and in various conditions, from storeage.

I also have a pink smock, which I bought on the E-Stand. Both have the same herringbone twill pocets.

Either way, I will keep them both.

Bob Hritz
                            Attached Files
                            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

In this photo, I have draped the pink smock, purchased on the E-Stand, over the other smock.

Bob Hritz
                              Attached Files
                              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
                                however it does show that they were made up in a larger factory type evironment....which is no typical of 70s era fake uniforms.
                                Inaccurate. Any enterprenural crook of the 70s could have printed fabric using simple silkscreen techniques. This process also lends itself to printing errors if executed quickly or carelessly.
                                John
                                Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 36 users online. 0 members and 36 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X