CEJ Books

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you see if this is fake or not ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can you see if this is fake or not ?

I don't think this is a good one. Can you help me with this by telling me why it's not good (or why it is ok).

Thanks in advance.

PS klick on the images to enlarge them

Cuff Title & Collar Tabs

While I would agree with Mr. Wirtz that both cuff title and collar tabs are reproductions, it should be noted that the SS Polizei-Division cuff title was first produced in RZM and flat wire for enlisted men and officers, repectively in 1942. It was produced in Bevo beginning in 1943. (Ulric of England; SS and Political Cuffbands, 1st edition, 1998, pages 30, 56, and 66).

The cuff title's hand embroidery is very sloppy, especially the runes. It is definitely not what you would expect to see from an SS officer's cuff title. Also, the lettering of the rest of the cuff is very uneven; again a flag for reproduction. Additionally, the reverse has a paper backing to protect the aluminum thread and is also a known indicator of a reproduction piece.

The collar tabs backing is very suspect in that it is not of the normal buckram fabric one usually associates with SS runic collar tabs. They also appear to have an almost purple tinge to them. Another flag. The same indicators can be attributed to the reverse side of the rank tab. Not a good indicator at all.

The runes themselves lack a fullness to their construction. Though this type of deficient runic collar tab has been seen in late war versions; these tabs were of the Dachau constructive style, which is not present in the runic tab in this thread.

Sincerly,

Charles Betz
    Last edited by C. Betz; 11-10-2006, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Bob and Charles are correct... Poor fakes unfortunately. When you would put an original tab next to that fake one you'd see the big differences.

Kind regards,
      Gerd V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X