WSS Mod 42 tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WSS Mod 42 tunic

Hello genlemen and experts, with all the respect for the pubblications of Mr. Robin Lumsden, I have in my collection this mint SS M.42 tunic that was considerated not authentic from some collectors here in Italy.
    The motivation is the collar is too big regarding the jacket.
    I'd like to know other opinions on this model of tunic in particular from Mr. Lumsden that I do not have the pleasure to know and I know He had one seems the same jacket.
    Thanks for help.
    Luca
    Attached Files
    Siam fatti cosi!

lining
    Attached Files
    Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

stamps
      Attached Files
      Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Oragno,

I've been doing a bit of quick research on the forum and I suggest that you check this thread.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...2+tunic+lining

Regards.
        David

Comment

it looks like a janke repro then if im not wrong...

Comment

Janke

The lining, stamp configuration and numbering along view of cuff enclosure in the first picture definately confirm this is a Janke repro.

There are a few other details that validate this terrible conclusion. My sincerest regret in giving this kind of bad news. This is what make the hobby so difficult in general. Personally, given the amounts of money involved in today's market, recurring situations like this has given me doubts about continuing to collect WSS militaria.

I have also encountered far more sinister copies than this one made of original material and cotton thread out of Latvia and other Eastern European countries. It has come to the point where only a hands on inspection can validate authenticity.
            Last edited by John-M; 11-09-2006, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John-M View Post
              The lining, stamp configuration and numbering along view of cuff enclosure in the first picture definately confirm this is a Janke repro.

There are a few other details that validate this terrible conclusion. My sincerest regret in giving this kind of bad news. This is what make the hobby so difficult in general. Personally, given the amounts of money involved in today's market, has given me doubts about continuing to collect WSS militaria.

I have also encountered far more sinister copies than this one made of original material and cotton thread out of Latvia and other Eastern European countries. It has come to the point where only a hands on inspection can validate authenticity.

I think the same John, thanks for your thought.
              I trade this tunic with a friend before high WSS collector so I hope he will take it back.
              Thanks.
              Luca
              Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Thanks for help is enough for me.
                I have this tunic on my collection from 3 years and as I told this friend of mine is really as.... I phoned him to talk about this thread, he will take it back, no problem with him really a good friend!!
                Luca
                Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Luca,
                  As other members have already said "Janke" tunic.
                  cheers
                  Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X