SS Totenkopf Opinions Please!

Hi all,
    I have a chance to buy this SS Totenkopf but

1) is it the real deal
    2) what is a fair price for one of these

I ned some expert opinions on these I am green
    thanx in advance r
    regards Peter

If it's a real Deschler RZM 52 I would say the average price is around 300-400 euros.
    The front pic is not really good to let me judge, I would like to see a better one.

Cheers
    T

Comment

Originally posted by Drapeau Noir View Post
      If it's a real Deschler RZM 52 I would say the average price is around 300-400 euros.
      The front pic is not really good to let me judge, I would like to see a better one.

Cheers
      T
      Hi T
      thanx for the reply
      all I can do is upload a bigger higher resolution picture
      which I have done
      let me know if this helps
      regards Peter

Last edited by Hagar; 11-10-2006, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drapeau Noir View Post

Cheers
        T
        Hi T
        have asked for more pics for you they are up on site ready for you expertise
        thanx
        Best
        peter

Comment

Well, let me be the first to congratulate you on what I believe to be one of the rarest TKs to surface in a long time. Perhaps others have encountered this particular variant before, but in all my years of collecting, I have not. Nonetheless, I believe it to be original.

<O</OTKs marked with only the RZM mark and the number 52 are early Deschlers. This style of marking predates the use of the complete RZM marking code of M1/52, indicating material (M for metal) and type of item (1 for insignia), in addition to the manufacturer. Such TKs are quite uncommon. Yours, however, is different than all the RZM 52 TKs I have seen. The others all have the number 52 beneath the RZM mark on the jaw. Yours is the first one I have ever seen with the number placed above where the later ones have the full M1/52. Because of this, I was initially ready to write this one off as a fake, but, upon close inspection of the photos, I am ready to call it a VERY rare original.

<O</OAs for value, it is certainly worth double what a standard CupAl TK would be worth to a dedicated metal cap insignia collector.<O</O

Comment

I must addmit that this one had me stumped. It looked good to me but like Brad, all the other RZM 52's I've seen have got the markings on the jaw. I've never seen another Deschler like this one.

Comment

As said by our gentlemen members it would be OK.
              I would like to see a better frontal pic.
              Anyway very strane 52 marking.

Cheers
              T

Comment

Be careful with this one. I will not go into any detail, but I have seen several of these and in my opinion, they are not original.

Best, Chris

Comment

Well, I, like most here, have a great deal of respect for your keen eye, but I am having trouble finding something not to like about this one. Granted, I have not handled this one nor one like, but the photos look pretty good to me. I would welcome any observations/insights you would care to share as to why you believe it a fake (other than the obvious difference in markings, of course). You can send me a PM or email if you are uncomfortable posting them for the world to see.

For everyone's reference and discussion, below is a side-by-side of this TK with a traditional RZM 52.

By the way, I am glad to see that you are making it around to the forum once in a while again, Chris. I hope those personal matters which demanded your attention of late are being resolved to your satisfaction.

Best,
                  Brad

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X