SS Variant Tropical Helmet/ SS Documentry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Variant Tropical Helmet/ SS Documentry

If any member here is interested, on the History Channel today there was a documentry called "Nazi Expededition." It is about the SS archeological study of Germanic history, with travels to Tibet etc. The documentry had some great footage, and is a solid study of the SS and thier pursut of German history. It will re-air again today on History Channel at 5:00pm eastern standard time.

I placed that intro on this thread, because in the documentry there is footage of the SS Archeologists in Tibet wearing a standard issue tropical helmet with large painted SS runes on the sides. Very interesting piece of headgear. Has anyone seen, or do they have known examples of these helmets?

Dan

ss

hi dan ,there was a thread some time ago im sure, about these helmets .regards will

Comment

yes, i have seen that documentary, I would think that those helmets are unique to that expedition rather than being and issue item.
      cheers
      gary

Comment

Some pics are in this thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...highlight=pith

Comment

Curt D,

The photos on that thread are not the helmets I am refering too. These helmests had huge SS runes painted on both sides. They are not the stadard SS pith helmet insignia. Thanks though.

I agree Gary, they most certainly had to be specific for the expedition. Possible that since the expedition had more than 24 hours of film, they archeologists did that to show it was an SS project.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by LUCKYFEZ View Post
            Curt D,

The photos on that thread are not the helmets I am refering too. These helmests had huge SS runes painted on both sides. They are not the stadard SS pith helmet insignia. Thanks though.

I agree Gary, they most certainly had to be specific for the expedition. Possible that since the expedition had more than 24 hours of film, they archeologists did that to show it was an SS project.

Dan
            You might want to read the entire thread.

Comment

Here you are.....Schaefer in Tibet.
              Attached Files

Comment

Yep thats the one. Any known authentic examples?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by CurtD View Post
                  You might want to read the entire thread.
                  Sorry about that, I did not see the photo on the thread until just now. Thanks for posting the link.

Dan

Comment

I doubt it. It's apparently just something the expedition members put together. The helmet itself doesn't even look German.

Comment

Looks like a typical pith tropical helmet, can be english, french, american, italian.... simply colonial.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X