SS M44 Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Carlo,
    IMO, I am not sure that there is a WH or a SS model in the M44 bluse. I already saw m44 bluses either with 5 or 6 buttons, with different kinds of lining, with or without hook holes, .... Here is a WH M44 bluse, made in Italian material, but with the same features than yours. I also post a SS M44 bluse, to compare. I think, but maybe I am wrong, that the way to do the difference between a WH or a SS M44 bluse is to look at....where the eagle was sewn. Regards, Pierre
    Attached Files

Comment

Yes, I have to add that the WH one had a breast eagle (but I fount it like this, maybe the eagle was removed just after the war)
      Attached Files

Comment

M44 tunics can be very difficult to authenticate. There are some incredibly accurate reproductions available, and the huge amount of variations in these last-ditch uniforms makes it difficult to say for certain whether any specific detail is a sign of fakery or just late-war quality control issues. I once bought one of these from a very respected dealer, it had all the right details, and was made out of original materials, but it was sewn together with cotton-covered nylon thread. I don't see any immediate red flags but I would hesitiate to give an opinion without a hands-on examination.

Comment

The ss bluse
          Attached Files

Comment

lining 1
            Attached Files

Comment

lining 2
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys,I know there are very different fabric for the lining,the differece from the tunic expecially made for SS is the lack of the belt support.
                But what do you think about eagle and collar patches,are original?
                If you need more photos ask me.
                Thanks
                Carlo

Comment

Basic jacket appears to be OK,shoulder board attachment loops look replaced.

Not to keen about the runic tab,embroidery looks a bit crude (around the runes) others will know better.

Wether it was ever a jacket issued to the W-SS is of course another story--maybe,maybe not.

My opinion.

Glenn
                  Last edited by Glenn McInnes; 11-09-2006, 01:28 PM.
                  "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Fsoq View Post
                    Hello Carlo,
                    IMO, I am not sure that there is a WH or a SS model in the M44 bluse. I already saw m44 bluses either with 5 or 6 buttons, with different kinds of lining, with or without hook holes, .... Here is a WH M44 bluse, made in Italian material, but with the same features than yours. I also post a SS M44 bluse, to compare. I think, but maybe I am wrong, that the way to do the difference between a WH or a SS M44 bluse is to look at....where the eagle was sewn. Regards, Pierre
                    I have an WSS M44 with five buttons, not pictures at the moment, if requested I can do it.
                    I am agree with Chris, very difficult give an opinion on M44 without hand ispection.
                    IMO eagle and tabs are not good, sorry, just my opinion. I'd like to know more opinions from experts in WSS insignas. Is the eagle and SS tab in rayon or cotton?
                    Luca
                    Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Eagle and tabs look great, and looks to be original application. Nice jacket!

Comment

Here is a photo back the right pocket,no old sewn
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by oragno View Post
                          I have an WSS M44 with five buttons, not pictures at the moment, if requested I can do it.
                          I am agree with Chris, very difficult give an opinion on M44 without hand ispection.
                          IMO eagle and tabs are not good, sorry, just my opinion. I'd like to know more opinions from experts in WSS insignas. Is the eagle and SS tab in rayon or cotton?
                          Luca
                          Are made in cotton.
                          Ciao Luca
                          Carlo

Comment

Tunic looks really a nice authentic one, I never seen insignas like these I could entertain doubts about authenticy but I want know more opinions from men more experts than me.
                            Luca
                            Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

I did not know that there was a difference between the cut of the "SS" M44 and the Heer M44 jacket (as in the M42's or M43's). Only perhaps a marking difference.

As for this jacket, given the pictures (and as noted, this is difficult as there have been outstanding reproductions made of this style), there seem to be several points that might cause some doubts. Among them (and without checking) is the "atypical" narrowing of the lining material that can be seen on inside "placard area" of the two bottom button holes (post #9).

If the tunic is original, I could entertain doubts as to it being an original SS worn garment.

All this, just IMHO as per the PM request of "SOLO".

B. N. Singer
                              Last edited by B. N. Singer; 11-10-2006, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by solo View Post
                                Thanks Bob you are the only kind person of 207 who visit the thread so brave to put a reply.
                                I think this thread very danger for the experts!

Carlo
                                If it is real try not to turn it inside out, the stress that is loaded onto 60 year old stitching is imense.

Hope it is a good one, try not to turn anything inside out, it isn't worth it if it breaks stitches.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X