X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffen-SS Assault Gun INCREDIBLE!!!!

I need you help..
    I've decided to buy this wrap..
    the price is 4000 euro! what do you think about?
    i'm trying to understand if it's 100% genuine:
    doubts
    1 the collar tabs are red = assault gun... but i never saw an assault gun wrap black.. http://www.panzerworld.net/uniforms-...ssaultgun.html
    2 no cufftitle, shadows of a past cufftitle...
    3 This is a Waffen-SS styled panzer jacket, which means that the B40, for Berlin 1940, stencil cannot possibly be correct. The Waffen-SS clothing works, or clothing contractors, were not making this style this early.
    4The sleeve eagle is also one I would expect to see on a mid-late war tunic rather than this one.
    you can find the photos there http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...r=asc&start=15

give me your opinion
    best regards

Well, the insignias looks original regarding the eagle and the rune tab. Hard to tell for sure with those crappy photos. However its a different ball game if the seemingly red piping is original or not. From what I can see in the poor photos the shoulder boards might be ok as well.

One should ofcourse take into consideration that its an extremely rare piece that would, to the right collector, be worth atleast 10 000 Euros!! Also I have never seen a panzer tunic with red piping. But I guess that could some of the oddities found back then. One could ofcourse wonder why the h-ck a faker should try the red piping when he for sure would realise it would be highly questioned to say the least.

The sleeve eagle could be a replacement and the lack of a cuff title is a good sign. This piece for sure needs a very close hands on examination and evaluation of those knowledgeable in panzer tunics.

/"Felix" - N. Hansson

Comment

In my opinion the basic jacket is bad,the collar tabs could have very well been red piped post war from a broken down Heer shoulder strap to make it "more desirable"..

Glenn
      Last edited by Glenn McInnes; 11-06-2006, 05:19 PM.
      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Here are the images.
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Gentlemen, I have seen this tunic more than 10 years ago in a private collection, I have seen it again from a famous Italian dealer and now is again on sale
                          IMHO this tunic is one of those you really need an hands on.
                          I have not red flags about it except arm eagle, I have already seen red artillery tabs on WSS Wraps. In my opinion is an early good one but restored.
                          This is my opinion.
                          Luca
                          Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Aren't those SS tabs fake? It's been my observation that the embroidered runic tabs should have the top and bottom of the lightning bolts even with the edge of the tab. It's the woven (BeVo style) tabs that should be "canted" as these are. Looking through my references I can't find any that look like these. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Gunbunny View Post
                              Aren't those SS tabs fake? It's been my observation that the embroidered runic tabs should have the top and bottom of the lightning bolts even with the edge of the tab. It's the woven (BeVo style) tabs that should be "canted" as these are. Looking through my references I can't find any that look like these. Any thoughts?
                              You need new references.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X