Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leibermuster Pattern

HI FRIENDS, COLLECTORS,
    AN IMPORTANT QUESTION, THE CLOTH IN LEIBERMUSTER PATTERN (TUNICS AND TROUSERS) WERE PRINTED ONLY ON HBT CLOTHS OR ALSO ON SMOOTH COTTON? (LIKE THE DOT PATTERN )
    I hope that someone can help me ...

BY Lorenz

Originally posted by Lorenz View Post
    HI FRIENDS, COLLECTORS,
    AN IMPORTANT QUESTION, THE CLOTH IN LEIBERMUSTER PATTERN (TUNICS AND TROUSERS) WERE PRINTED ONLY ON HBT CLOTHS OR ALSO ON SMOOTH COTTON? (LIKE THE DOT PATTERN )
    I hope that someone can help me ...

BY Lorenz

Lorenz:

The only examples Ive ever seen or handled were in HBT. HOWEVER,the 1945 Richardson report has an original swatch of Liebermuster that is on smooth cotton.So I think it safe to say that these did exist. Probably so rare as to be unobtainable,with your skills & luck.I sure if anyone can find an orig in cotton it would be you!!!!!!!!

Comment

I would also not wonder when some original Leibermuster cloth ball bundles where found in Europe and this was used to make some post war Jackets where everything is in the right way and now maybe impossible to find out when they where done. This just as my 5 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by RD Rygaard View Post
        HOWEVER,the 1945 Richardson report has an original swatch of Liebermuster that is on smooth cotton.So I think it safe to say that these did exist.

Hi,
        are you sure or do you mean the fabric for winter uniforms? I really don't know....I only know of HBT and 100% spun rayon for the winter uniforms.

In any case, but that I don't have to tell you Lorenzo, one must be careful with post war prints made by the belgian and swiss army. Their patterns look the same on first view and were used for a couple of times to "make" some german ww2 uniforms.

And yes, fabric has survived. Maybe Robert N. could give his opinion, he is a forum member here too I think and I believe he once owned leiber pieces including a section of fabric.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

My Friends,
          What you think?

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
          Hi,
          are you sure or do you mean the fabric for winter uniforms? I really don't know....I only know of HBT and 100% spun rayon for the winter uniforms.

In any case, but that I don't have to tell you Lorenzo, one must be careful with post war prints made by the belgian and swiss army. Their patterns look the same on first view and were used for a couple of times to "make" some german ww2 uniforms.

And yes, fabric has survived. Maybe Robert N. could give his opinion, he is a forum member here too I think and I believe he once owned leiber pieces including a section of fabric.

Cheers

Fritz
          Attached Files

Comment

[
            Attached Files

Comment

[..
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Leibermuster

Looks fake to me, offered on E-bay germany. Jackets in this pattern is in herringbone twill, this is not.

Comment

A friend of mine was showing me some former Soviet-made "Great Patriotic War" movies and the one about the Battle for Berlin showed a couple of the German soldiers wearing camouflaged uniforms in this rare pattern. These were made many years ago and I wouldn't be surprised if those weren't original pieces used in the movie.

Bob

Comment

Lorenzo,
                          this IMO is the pattern made by switzerland's army....

http://my.ricardo.ch/accdb/viewItem....r=1&Catg=41653

So I think the jacket is a 100% repro/fake....

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

I was thinking about swiss army as well.

Comment

the real Leibermuster pattern is different from the tunic above

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X