X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS collar patches

Hi guys, what do you think about these?
    Attached Files

The Latvian has a trace of silver tress on it.Here's the reverse,card backing to handschar.

cheers Kenny
    Attached Files

Comment

I don't like the swastika on the handschar tab....
      It has a bad shape in comparison with the originals that I saw.
      But wait for what the "real buffs" will say

Comment

I'm not an expert, but i have several of the Handshar and the embroidery is somehow thicker, silver-grey instead of off-white, and different backing. I've seen the bevo runes with cardboard, but not the divisional patches.

The swastika is an abomination. I think it's bad.

Comment

cheers for the info so far guys, I agree the swas is unusual , normally I don't get involved with SS cloth unless it comes from a vet.These two items I have been offered by a new contact and so far every thing he has turned up has been fine, things like pilots jackets , equipment etc. that isn't faked , thats why I'm hopeing these could be OK.

Comment

The Handschar Patch indeed has a crude swaz and the other patch has the design at a totally wrong angle as does the Handschar patch....looks like the faker did not know how to put the final product together....kinda funny...I have not seen these before so I would say some new eastern crap.

Comment

cheers for your help guys. nobody got anything positive to say about these? could they not just be locally made examples?

Comment

I dont have anything positive to say about these. Repros IMO.

/Felix

Comment

Hi

Sorry, but I agree with all the above comments.

The execution is very poor when compared with original pieces.

Raymond

Comment

Ok Thanks guys , luckily I have not bought them ,so it looks like they will be going back,

thanks for your help guys

Kenny

Comment

..also Kenny, they are not locally made because you would not have tabs used in two totally different regions of Europe exhibit the same locally made characteristics....they obviously were made at the same place, but I believe many, many years after the war, no doubt a recent attempt, John

Comment

I think these are the tabs that recently began to appear all over the place. They are hand-made to immitate machine stitching.

Comment

Thanks guys, John that is a very sensible point, yes they are definetly going back.

The chap I got them from seems a genuine bloke so I think he has made an honest mistake.

cheers again.

Kenny.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X