My Panzer tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voltageman7 View Post
    Thx, my wife is not happy. Bill put in writing he would buy it back at anytime for 80% of the original purchase price, can't go wrong there. Also if the rune tab and eagle were done well enough to fool Bill, it must be pretty good. I am having a glass case built for it.
    Was that because you spent $30K on an old dirty tunic??

You should make that case with 1" laminated bullet proof glass....and bolt it into concrete....

Comment

She's a cop, I need bullet proof glass.

Comment

Originally posted by voltageman7 View Post
        Thx, my wife is not happy.
        I somehow think that this is not the first nor the last time that has been said in connection with this hobby!

Comment

I just had to pass on it, divorce ws pending and half the wrap would be hers. Bill has it for sale at $30k

Comment

I don't know any sane working man who would pay that much for an old uniform jacket my max on anything is $10,000 and that better be really good. I sold one of my SS tunics for $17k and used the money to pay off two cars and some other bills....my wife loved me for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Swan View Post
              I wonder if these three Das Reich beauties made it back safely and are waiting to be discovered by the vets' relatives one day?

Mike

Look more like GI Joes fooling around in captured tunics/souveniers to me!

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                I don't know any sane working man who would pay that much for an old uniform jacket my max on anything is $10,000 and that better be really good. I sold one of my SS tunics for $17k and used the money to pay off two cars and some other bills....my wife loved me for that.
                I wonder if Bill Shea's wife loves him everytime he sells a $30,000 tunic??

But seriously, at least he came down $5 grand on the price......

Comment

Regarding restored vs. un-restored: With an untouched tunic you KNOW some of the history behind it. You know the branch and rank of the former owner. Sometimes what awards and campaigns.

Once a tunic has been monkeyed with it is merely REPRESENTATIVE of what history it might have had. You don't know any of the history of it.

That's just my two cents.

Comment

My personal rule is that all Heer and SS tunics have been played with unless proven otherwise. They are easy to modify and there are no absolute way to tell. So why pay extra when there is no way to prove an "untouched" or "stonemint" claim.

Comment

In Norway alone there are some tunics and Whole uniform ensamble wich has solid Provence staight from the Family/veteran/woodwork. They are however few and far between, and most are well known among seriouse ss collectors.

"Regarding restored vs. un-restored: With an untouched tunic you KNOW some of the history behind it. You know the branch and rank of the former owner. Sometimes what awards and campaigns.

Once a tunic has been monkeyed with it is merely REPRESENTATIVE of what history it might have had. You don't know any of the history of it.

That's just my two cents."

I strongly agree and so does all high end collectors and the price thereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by brooksbz View Post
                        My personal rule is that all Heer and SS tunics have been played with unless proven otherwise. They are easy to modify and there are no absolute way to tell. So why pay extra when there is no way to prove an "untouched" or "stonemint" claim.
                        That's what I think - It's not that an "untouched" tunic isn't worth a fortune, it's that it's almost impossible to prove that they exist. How can you prove they weren't touched in 70 years? That temptation would be almost impossible to resist. And in this hobby? It would take a miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by jotuntroll View Post
                          "Regarding restored vs. un-restored: With an untouched tunic you KNOW some of the history behind it. You know the branch and rank of the former owner. Sometimes what awards and campaigns.

What about a named tunic that did not survive the war with all its insignia? Properly restored, doesn't that still have some of the history behind it? You still know the branch and rank of the former owner, and sometime the awards as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                            Look more like GI Joes fooling around in captured tunics/souveniers to me!

That's precisely what they are and why I thought there's a good chance they're somewhere in the US.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Swan View Post
                              That's precisely what they are and why I thought there's a good chance they're somewhere in the US.

Mike
                              and probably rebadged as something else

Comment

Originally posted by tgn View Post
                                What about a named tunic that did not survive the war with all its insignia? Properly restored, doesn't that still have some of the history behind it? You still know the branch and rank of the former owner, and sometime the awards as well.
                                It most surtenly has mr.tgn. The importent thing is to tell witch part is restored if or when sold. Integrety and honesty are very importent key Words. Collectors and dealers With the best credentials are most sought after when spending huge sums. Deviation can be very expensive.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X