Gahr Werkstaette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gahr Werkstaette

I think this is a very interesting artifact and I'm glad I stumbled across it. It is a shipping label from the Gahr Company to the RFSS, Number 8 Prinzalbrechtstrasse, dated July 1940. The package weighed 2.26 kg's. My mind boggles at what Otto and Karolina might have sent to the Reichsfuehrer but I'd like to think it was a hefty package of beautiful Totenkopfrings. I've not seen anything like it before. Has anyone else?

Can anyone read what is the declared value of the package? I believe it begins "100 Marks" but I can't decipher the rest.

Comments appreciated,

Mike

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I just noticed Gahr's address stamp doesn't include and 'O' for Otto, just a 'K' for Karolina.

Comment

Fascinating Mike.

Otto was dead by that time......his wife had taken over the business.

The value shown on he label is 1300 Marks........a lot of money - equating to around $12000 USD today!

That, and the fact that it was addressed to the RfSS Personnel Office means, I think..........Totenkopf Rings!

The other possibility is brooches for SS wives, but I think that is unlikely.

Congratulations on a probably unique find!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Robin Lumsden; 10-14-2006, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know what a cost per ring was from the Gahr concern? also,if there is a date on the label, would it correspond to finished rings being sent (to be awarded) to Individual officers on a given date?

Comment

Very interesting label. Hmmm, If RM's translate to 12,000 in todays dollars that's what high end TKR's are going for today!

Comment

Originally posted by kurskss View Post
                Does anyone know what a cost per ring was from the Gahr concern?
                That can now be worked out.......approximately........if anyone can tell us how many rings there were needed to weigh in at 2.26kg.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X