Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange skull on uniform

Hi
    I got this photo along a huge stack of Danish Waffen SS photos.
    I was told, that this man (quite old for a soldier) was a KZ camp guard
    The skull looks a bit strange to me and since collar tabs are not my field of interest, I had like some help on it. Were there special skull for the camp guards?
    Thanks
    AJ
    Attached Files

Isn't it an early TK standarte tab, which ones had a digit number on the bottom of the tab? Removed?

You have such example here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=23848

Was he a KZ camp guard? Hard to tell.
    We must remembers that waffen SS divisions weren't only young first line soldiers, a lot of people were working in the units (cookers, tailors,.....) Who knows?
    Last edited by Fred S; 10-08-2006, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Waffenfarbe

Wolhans, can you make out the Waffenfarbe? Look a little coppery brown to you? Hmmm

Comment

He's also wearing a soutache on his overseas cap.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz View Post
          He's also wearing a soutache on his overseas cap.

Bob
          The soutache looks like it's actually UNDER the TK!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Totenkopf View Post
            Wolhans, can you make out the Waffenfarbe? Look a little coppery brown to you? Hmmm
            Yes, look a little brown: but the main question was more about the collar tab as far as I could read correctly the thread, no? Did my answer was right?

After all, trying to find where the guy made his job regarding to a black and white picture is nothing more than speculation and that's not my cup of tea so I didn't want to speak about something I can prove 100%, that's all.

I just wanted to say that all waffen SS men weren't young men, nothing more.

Comment

Wolhans, I was just talking about the waffenfarbe and had no idea that you might think I felt you did not mention something that was asked. I thought you might have seen KZ waffenfarbe before and knew what it looked like in a black and white photo. Back to the picture, the explanation of the number being removed ties in nicely with the overseas hat soutache in regards to the time frame of the photo.

Comment

kz guard?

HI AJ
                Long time no sea....
                Wonder why you don`t have the oportunity to look at Angolia/Cloth Insiginia of the SS,.-but, yes the man could easily be a KZ guard, but there ist nothing espacialy to verfy that,-
                Camp admin. could have(until july 37) the letter "K" on the right collar-those replaced with the deadshead with a little "k" beneath.
                Übungslager Dachau, could have a "¨U", and for the hole camp a "D"-
                From 1944 on many reservists where transfered to camp duty-initaly it is hard to see the differents - who was what,-with a deadshead,-only the Waffenfarbe would be the answer, some having a cuffband with it on, makes no camp man, as they where used at the Bayern oberabschnitte.-so
                he could be one,-
                As usual, your pics are just so super.
                Up Ewig ungedeelt to you from
                Hallandsen

Comment

the soutache is above the edge of the skull

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X