Helmet cover stitching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helmet cover stitching

What colours of thread besides 'greylike' have been used for SS covers?
    Have you ever seen brown or grey-green? There used to be cover with brown stitching offered for sale lately by some reputable dealer with 100% guarantee of authencity btw. - I don't want to examine that very case, so let his name remain unknown - it's general question if different colours existed.
    cheers,
    Adam

Hi Adam,
    For the SS covers were used the same thread that you can found on other SS Unforms, smock etc, like colors and size, when the war was near the end was used for SS uniforms,tropical, dot pattern tunics etc also brown color, you can found also this type of thread in brown color on some covers constructed in the same period, 44/45....I noticed this thread only on second pattern later covers
    More easy tell something about the cover that you would like buy if you can post some pics...
    If this can help you...
    BY Lorenz
    Originally posted by 777 View Post
    What colours of thread besides 'greylike' have been used for SS covers?
    Have you ever seen brown or grey-green? There used to be cover with brown stitching offered for sale lately by some reputable dealer with 100% guarantee of authencity btw. - I don't want to examine that very case, so let his name remain unknown - it's general question if different colours existed.
    cheers,
    Adam

Comment

Thanks a lot, Lorenz. It's always great to know your point of view.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X