SS M44 camo panzer wrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Palmenmuster View Post
    Gentlemen, this sounds like the "Pink Smock" discussion, Im looking forward to follow this tread, carry on.

Best regards, Tom

You are right about that one! I said what I needed to, and the points I rasied are certainly based in fact. That's all that really matters in a discussion. Every collector is going to have a difference of opinion, however blanket statments have been proven to be false so many times in the past concerning this hobby, you would think collectors would stop using them. Lets face it, these items are as scarce as SS items come, there is litteraly little to no official source governing thier manufacture as we have on M36's/ M40's etc. Each piece needs to be judged on its merrits, especially SS related uniforms, while still taking into account the history of the piece itself, and its relation to the war. Any M44 camo Panzer tunic better have some great documentation to go with them, and that story better be traceable. In lack of any other information available on these tunics themselves, if everything matches up (fabric, sewing, design, wear etc), then this should be the at the very least the last step taken. IMO late war tunics always fall into this gray area for reasons of availablity of manufacture do to stock, issuing, and overall supply problems facing the Reich. If I am not mistaken there was never any ending to the "Pink Smock" debacle, of which I am sure this thread also awaits......................
    Last edited by BlackBelt; 04-01-2008, 04:56 PM.

Comment

'You said its construction is incorrect in almost every respect. Are you looking at the same photos? I am astonished that you would come to this thread make a comment like that, and expect to be taken seriously.'--quoting blackbelt

Here's the deal, I am looking at the same pictures, and I believe the wrapper is a FAKE, get that, a big fat bogus FAKE! I believe some of the hbt cloth used in construction could be real, most of it does look real, but I would not say the hbt cloth is 100 percent real without seeing it in person, as to the construction of these jackets, it is not correct. I make my comments based upon an unissued set of pants and wrapper I own, a second set of unissued pants wrapper from the same source I've seen, and the myriad of fakes I've seen, THIS one included. These were made postwar with ORIGINAL material in this configuration (heer). And yes, the jacket is INCORRECT in its construction in just about EVERY way, they got a few things right, its a jacket, it has buttons, etc etc, but its not constructed properly. If this jacket were on the estand and the gentleman owning it asked its retail value for an original 6-7k, you can be assured it would sit right there. Bresa sought opinions, and that is mine.

Comment

Gentlemen,for me it is unbelievebel,too see this jacket again. I sold this jacket some 3 years ago as a repro and thats what it is all the way a fake.
        Regards
        Willem

Comment

jacket

Yep, a fake for sure , kind of GOOD for a re-enactment.........
          jim toncar

Comment

Hi Willem, I still have a piece of the fake material for reference Thanks again...

Kind regards,
            Gerd V

Originally posted by Berg View Post
            Gentlemen,for me it is unbelievebel,too see this jacket again. I sold this jacket some 3 years ago as a repro and thats what it is all the way a fake.
            Regards
            Willem

Comment

Originally posted by willysproject View Post
              Hi Willem, I still have a piece of the fake material for reference Thanks again...

Kind regards,
              Gerd V
              Hello Gerd,the pleasure is all mine
              Regards
              Willem

Comment

Hello Berg, to the best of your knowledge, was ANY original SS hbt used to make the body of the tunic? Some of it looks quite good!

Comment

Hello Scott,to my knowledge the sleeves and back is original,the front has a high wolcontent and the print is imo not correct.
                  Regards
                  Willem

Comment

Here is a picture Willem (username 'Berg') wanted to show you

Kind regards,
                    Gerd V
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by willysproject; 04-03-2008, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
                      I could entertain doubts.

B. N. Singer
                      Let me clarify, A reproduction garment.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Let me clarify my post #11 of this thread, a reproduction garment.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Great clarification!

Looking for anything pertaining to Pi.Btl.16 and Pz.Pi.Btl.16
                          Thanks Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X