Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Allgemeine visor cap

Hello,
    I'd like to share with you one of the most important visor from my collection.
    It is an unteroffizier visor early type 1934 with an Assmann eagle and a Deschler skull.

I don't know for sure if this skull is a RZM 52 or a M1/52 so maybe someone could help me in identification.

Hope you like it!

cheers,

Max
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Max,

Nice cap! Your's looks very similar to one of mine. Mine had it's eagle replaced with a bad one, but I'm keeping it just the way I received it! I've always loved the shape and appearance of the early caps, and you really have to love the really thick leather strap they had in the early years!

Brad
            Attached Files

Comment

Max, there's no question that your cap is original but there's 2 things that worry me slightly. The first one is the completely unpainted vulcan fibre peak (on the underside of course) and the ragged (from what I can see in the photo) stitching holding the sweatband on. Just my observation.

Comment

Very nice cap, Brad!!! yes the thick leather strap is !!! indeed!!!

Thanks Ben for your comments, here I have some close-up that maybe helps.
                The sweatband is just repaired, the unpainted vulcan fiber visor, well I think is ok for a so early cap, but maybe I'm wrong.

Please, does anyone have an idea about the skull? M1/52 or 52?

thanks,

Max
                Attached Files

Comment

another....
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ah ok, repair stitching is no problem. I don't know why the visor isn't painted but I guess it's not a big issue.

As far as I know, 52's and M1/52's are identical on the front. No way to tell them apart.

Comment

Some of the sweatband stitching is nicely done. I've seen some early visor and political caps that had the band hand stitched --not as a repair, but as a deluxe hand sewn model.
                      Erich
                      Festina lente!

Comment

great cap!!!!!!

Comment

I do like this - very comfortable and natural-looking. I have seen unpainted visor undersides before, but not kept track; it is a subject worth pursuing. Hardly an item that a faker would overlook, in all likelihood. It seems right, at least fromn pictures.

Comment

Notice the vent-holes on the sides of this cap as well - I think someone really took some care when creating this cap, and that someone seems to have been quite adept in their respective trade . . .

Nice to see such variation in craftsmanship!

Brad

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X