ID of spoon and ring help! With Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ID of spoon and ring help! With Pics

Not sure if this is the right place, but I need some help in Identifying the authenticity of a ring and a spoon a friend has come across. He only has a web cam and I've captured these images:

The spoon is marked as above and on the rear has
    FIUV at the base and the manufacturer’s mark TWS 39<O></O>

Many thanks in advance

I thought the name of this forum was the TONY BARTO SS UNIFORMS AND INSIGNIA FORUM. So how come we get anything remotely related to SS. Maybe we need another SS forum for this miscellaneous stuff that comes up. We probably need a forum for SS rings that starts out with several pictures of an authentic SS honor ring and states, "If it doesn't look exactly like this, then it's a fake or a fantasy!" We get more SS rings on this forum than you can shake a finger at.

Just venting...

Bob

Comment

Hi Reg, sorry the ring is a fake. But the Luftwaffe spoon looks OK.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hmmmmm.......Bob

Hi Bob
        I have always known you as a very helpfull and experienced collecter.
        But your last comment doesn't become you !

If you think REG has posted an improper thread in a "wrong" forum and you want to point a finger at it, please make sure you haven't done the same "mistake" in the past !

These 2 threads started by you
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=145285
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=136153
        don't match the criteria you ask for threads in the TONY BARTO SS UNIFORMS AND INSIGNIA FORUM either !

By the way, I think the ring is a give away fake, and I am not sure the spoon looks right either....It dosn't look like other LW spoons I have seen

Comment

Actually I was making a general statement, not pointed specifically at Reg. Besides the two threads I started are of medals and medal bars which at least go on uniforms.

Bob

Comment

Thanks, Guys

As I said "not sure if this is the right place ... ", so is there a right place???

And can the moderator move me there???

Comment

Sudden death

Hey can I get a better close-up under the ring? I think it has a secret compartment for a cyanide capsule.

Comment

Hi Reg
                IMO the ring is a fake for sure also I think the LW spoon is wong too, I donĀ“t like the look of the eagle. Looks eastern europan fake to me. Sorry!
                Place for the posting seems right at the moment
                Cheers
                Lassi

Originally posted by REG View Post
                Thanks, Guys

As I said "not sure if this is the right place ... ", so is there a right place???

And can the moderator move me there???

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X