SS camo cap with insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS camo cap with insignia

Sorry its not the cap I have,only two portraits of a member from Hohenstaufen wearing the camo cap with skull and sidecap eagle,I have never seen this,and I guess if a cap like this came up for sale it would get the

Thanks for looking
    Cheers
    J.S
    Attached Files

another
    Attached Files

Comment

Really nice pics Jorn!

The eagle on the side of the cap in the first picture looks to be an armeagle as it looks too big for being a normal cap eagle!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz
        Kind of reminds me of those places where you go and dress up in all sorts of historical clothing and have your pictures taken.

Bob
        I can't comment on the authenticy of the picture itself but the addition of "grey BeVo" cap insignia was not uncommon, also the addition of metal cap insignia was done during the war for more than one time. So the special factory applied cap insignia for camouflage caps is the official rule for a textbook camo cap, still other sorts of insignia are very much ok for period pieces, these other insignia must be considered "field applied".

Also the addition of a sleeve eagle wouldn't be "impossible" IMO.

I have not yet seen period applied tropical or SS-VT insignia on camo caps...and the majority of period camo caps shows no insigina and no traces of any removed insignia.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Cool pics....but the EK and the NKS seems to be applied on the picture..am I wrong?

Cheers
          T

Comment

Originally posted by Drapeau Noir View Post
            Cool pics....but the EK and the NKS seems to be applied on the picture..am I wrong?

Cheers
            T
            Thats correct,thats also mine opinion that the EK and NKS are applied on the photo.
            Cheers
            J.S

Comment

Could it be the almost exact same uniform and cap as in the photos? ....hadda show it cos its the only ones I have!
              Attached Files

Comment

About as closeup as I feel comfortable to go because of those "types " watching these threads for tips.
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Drapeau Noir View Post

Cheers
                    T

They definetely are..

It is although a normal german practice...

Jens

Comment

one more with insignia..

Here is a pics. i have with eagle on side of a camo cap. Cant see if skull is on, but probably. Nice cap Pete Best, norge
                      Attached Files

Comment

close up...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X