SandeBoetik

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partly Stripped WSS Unterscharfuehrer's tunic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partly Stripped WSS Unterscharfuehrer's tunic.

Hi all.
    My latest catch. A partly stripped Unterscharfuehrer's M40 pattern tunic, which has a pair of Feldgendarmerie orange piped shoulder straps.

The tunic(and the shoulder straps too) shows extremly heavy use all over and although not visible from photo, it has numerous small holes in the left sleeve, and a gaping hole on the right lower pocket. The sleeve eagle and cuffband are gone, but their traces can be seen from close distance.

Although it looks fairly good on a mannequin(and from a distance), the condition of the tunic is somewhat dismal, so great care is needed for storage and handling......

Last edited by nakta; 10-01-2006, 12:21 PM.

Wow, Iam in no way an expert but I realy like what I see.
    Any idea why they stripped the eagle and CT and left the collar patches ?

Bests Jens

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your comment.
      I have no idea why the collar tabs were left while the eagle and CT were removed.

The left sleeve, where the eagle and CT are supposed to be, actually shows heavest damage. I guess that that has something to do with the removal of the eagle and CT.

Or maybe, the captor especially liked(or disliked) the eagle& CT and removed them .

Comment

Firstly opinion:
        The treads on the insignia under the collar looks like newer used/washed. The Tresse-looks to me like DDR made.
        About what I'am really know:
        I picked up this tunics with that serial numbers from Alma-Ata filmstudio in 1993 year, there was approximately 200 pcs on my hands, another hundreds got another peoples from Russia. About 20 % of them were with eagles, and about 5% were completed with eagles and collartabs, but they was only Wehrmacht, some of the tunics has filmstudio made ss insignia, but no original ss tunics was found.
        some part of them were damaged by moth - down pockets from inside, and they has some holes between tunic and pocket...

Comment

Thanks.
          Interesting story, so this tunic might be one of the tunics you've seen. I might think of returning it to the previous owner .

The threads under the collar are not that new and exactly the same thread was used in the construction of the tunic throughout. I think it was affected by color distortion from flashlight(light reflexion). but as about tress, I must check it again.

Thanks again!
          Last edited by nakta; 10-01-2006, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Yes, strange. The straps may not be original to the tunic, but they show same heavy wear like the tunic itself.
            Last edited by nakta; 10-01-2006, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by espenlaub View Post
              Firstly opinion:
              The Tresse-looks to me like DDR made.
              I would think the concern about the tresse quite valid.

B. N. Singer

Comment

IT SEEMS TO SEE The MARKS To ME OF OF NUMERATION OF INVENTORY TIPICAS OF RUSSIAN MUSEUM Or FILM-TEATRE THE CATALOGE,IT IS NORMAL Partly Stripped And TO ADD OTHER STANDARDS IN THIS TYPE OF USE OF The UNIFORMS FOR FILM-STUDIOS.

XISCO

Comment

Hi,
                  DDR Tresse...IMO
                  BY Lorenz

Comment

Originally posted by Lorenz View Post
                    Hi,
                    DDR Tresse...IMO
                    BY Lorenz
                    Agree, a post war tresse

Comment

Thank you gemtlemen. I returned the tunic to its previous owner.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X