ss camo smock question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ss camo smock question

Have a quesiton for those knowledgable and conversant in SS smocks..has anyone encounterd good ss smocks..oak.or other of the 2nd type with hip pockets and foliage loops with the drawstring eyelets machine sewn in the same manner as is seen on the holes of the belt support ramps on wool tunics? I've seen many pictures of them "hand sewn"..and my beaver book is not realidly available....any help greatly appreciated.unfortunatly..i have no pics to share.but the machine sewing is I'd say identical to the belt hook holes sewing..thanks for the help! If this is something one would rather not discuss on the forum for fear of the repro lurkers..please email me..thanks

Im gong to revise my description of the eyelet machine stitching.it almost looks like it was done on the same type of procedure as the gimp cording on the button holes..any help appreciated.
    Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 08-24-2006, 12:06 AM.

Hi Scott,
    Yes, expecially on the smocks in second model, with loops foliage, you can found the drawstring eyelets machine sewn in the same manner of the holes of the belt support ramps of the tunic M43 in wool.I can tell that I founded about 3/4 smock second model in plan three 1/2, all with this type of eyelets.
    There are also smocks in first model (plan three/palm three/blurred edge) with the drawstring eyeletes machine sewn, but in the same type that you can found on the M36/M37/M40 tunics in wool ,little different the sistem of embroidered in the reverse side.
    Also existed a lot of smocks in both models with the drawstring eyelets made by hands during all war.
    I hope that this can help you!

By Lorenz

Originally posted by Scott A. Hess
    Have a quesiton for those knowledgable and conversant in SS smocks..has anyone encounterd good ss smocks..oak.or other of the 2nd type with hip pockets and foliage loops with the drawstring eyelets machine sewn in the same manner as is seen on the holes of the belt support ramps on wool tunics? I've seen many pictures of them "hand sewn"..and my beaver book is not realidly available....any help greatly appreciated.unfortunatly..i have no pics to share.but the machine sewing is I'd say identical to the belt hook holes sewing..thanks for the help! If this is something one would rather not discuss on the forum for fear of the repro lurkers..please email me..thanks

Im gong to revise my description of the eyelet machine stitching.it almost looks like it was done on the same type of procedure as the gimp cording on the button holes..any help appreciated.

Comment

Hello Lorenz..very very helpful..i appreciate the detailed reply..htanks much! Scott

Comment

Lorenzo.what is the difference between the first and second varients of the M42 smocks? thanks!

Comment

Hi Scott,
          The only one difference between the first and the second variant of the M42 smock was the inclination of the inferior pockets, more inclinated in the second variant.
          By Lorenz
          Originally posted by Scott A. Hess
          Lorenzo.what is the difference between the first and second varients of the M42 smocks? thanks!

Comment

Thanks Lorenzo!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X