How do you call this clasp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you call this clasp?

You always wanted to know how a real one looked like?
    According to the seller this is your chance...

Let's forget about the discussion real or not, I got an even more silly question.

-How do you call this ehhh, thing in English?
    -What was the German name?

I guess Totenkopfspange isn't the correct description?

I really don't know, hope you can help me out!

Kind regards,
    Martin

The Clasp That Can't Be Named?

Comment

To start with the shown badge is a fake.

I know a lot of collectors use the term "SS-formal dress badge"! but the original name in German I dont know.

/Felix

Comment

Hi Felix,

Yes, I knew it was a fake, and even a pretty ugly one.

But thank you so much for answering my question!!!
        So it is an "SS-formal dress badge", that isn't something which I could have figured out my self.
        Now I know on what to search with the search machines on the forum, etc.

Again, thank you!

Best regards,
        Martin

PS If anyone knows the German name, please do not hesitate to jump in!

Comment

SS-Ausgehspange ( maybe im wrong)
          is just the name who i know...

Comment

Swiss-man,

Thank you very much!
            SS-Ausgehspange, at last I know it.
            This kept me awake for quite a time so I hope I will be able to get some rest now.

Thank you both very much!!!

Best regards,
            Martin

Comment

Imo

Comment

Mess dress badge

Mess dress badge is what I call them, and yes that one is a bad copy.
                Attached Files

Comment

mess dress

OK Robert , for you I will delete the photo . You notice I did not show the markings which are known to only the ones who have seen or held an original.
                  Last edited by Sayle F; 08-17-2006, 03:08 AM.

Comment

I would never show the revers from an original Mess dress clasp on a puplic forum, also I would recomment the photos get deleted from this post. Sorry but trust me it will be better for all of us who collect.

Comment

Originally posted by nellyp51
                      Imo
                      Yes, I know it is an ugly fake which is not allowed to stand in the smallest piece of shadow of an original, but that wasn't the point!

I just wanted to know how the clasp was called amongst collectors.
                      Any idea how hard it can be to find something on the forum, when you do no not know the common name of an item?
                      There should be an explanatory vocabulary with pics around here!
                      Coke bottle body eagles, bowling pin eagles, bigfoot, daisies, Porsches, scrawl types, terminator fake rings, 7 wheelers, pigeon heads, bearded eagles, droopy eyes, rounders, lazy numbers, Russian hordes, Pochers, Q’s, Flochs, etc.
                      That is about 1 % of the terms which overwhelmed me the last years (as reader and now member), of which I never ever heard of and which you won’t be able to find in any book.
                      So every now and then you will see me passing by, showing a real item or a stupid, ugly fake, with just a simple question: ‘Hello boys and girls, can someone tell me what this item is called amongst the collector community? Or does this type of fake has a name?’
                      It helps me a lot to search through the forum adequately and to find what I need without asking a question for the 1000th time.

Originally posted by Sayle F
                      Mess dress badge is what I call them.
                      Sayle, thank you!
                      Mess dress badge, also a name that makes sense.
                      Stands noted, along with SS-formal dress badge and SS-Ausgehspange.
                      Thanks for showing the pic, I thought none of these pieces could have survived but actually some did and are in collections nowadays?
                      Great to see the obverse!

Thank you all, guys!

Best regards,
                      Martin

Comment

Sayle, I really appreciate it ! And it is for all of us not just for me

Comment

Hi Robert,

So I missed the chance to see the reverse of the badge???
                          What a pity...

But no worries about me, I am just a Dutch IT-pro.
                          No intentions from my side to fake badges.

But I guess I know what you mean: the wolves are lurking beneath the surface.

Best regards,
                          Martin

Comment

I held a couple of them and forget what the markings looked like ennit Sayle

Comment

Yes lets keep it a secret how the formal dress badge looks from reverse!

Nice one u got SayleF.

/Felix

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X