Freikorps danmark tab opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freikorps danmark tab opinions

Hi all please could i have some opinions on this tab.
    Cheers Dave.
    Attached Files

I find the Danish tabs very interesting. I dont know about the orginality on your tab, but you can compare it with some of these tabs. I dont know if all of them are original, but I would realy like to know, the same goes with your tab as well. If the original owners dont want me to post them, please let me know and I will remove them!
    Last edited by Øyvind; 03-10-2009, 05:07 PM.

Comment

tab2

Comment

tab3.

Comment

Tab4 (officers version)

Cheers
          Øyvind

Comment

Hi Qyvind i hope we can both get some info ,i like it because its so colourful.
            Here is a pic of the back of the tab.
            Cheers Dave.
            Attached Files

Comment

Following up with the backing of the first tab I showd.

Comment

...and the backing of tab #3.

Cheers
                Øyvind

Comment

Any opinions welcome

Comment

Considering how few of these were ever worn, and the short period when they were authorised for wear, it's surprising how many variations of this tab there appear to be. My initial reaction to the original tab posted here is that it looks rather coarser than other versions which I've seen but I can't guarantee that any versions of this which I've looked at closely were the real deal.

Comment

A period photo of the tab in use. I would say that the tab #2 I posted is the one that looks more alike this one.

Cheers
                      ******216;yvind

Comment

Difficult subject, but there is only one "official" confirmed type of these Danish flag collar tabs and it was shown on AJ's picture in the below link.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...lag+collar+tab

Looking for any original items related to Danish W-SS volunteers

Comment

Thanks to Basil Oyvind & Prorege1 for the info its been a great help.
                          Dave.
                          Last edited by D Davies; 08-16-2006, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Apart from the "official" confirmed type Danish flag collar tab shown on the above link to AJ's previously shown photo, then some handmade examples have been seen on photos also other variations possibly exist; perhaps like the "TAB 2" above or similar, it certainly looks like "TAB 2" on the above photo.

The 1st type Danish sleeve shield (not collar tab) was handmade by the individual soldier, so many variations of the sleeve shield can be seen. It is therefore likely there may be variations of the Danish flag collar tab as well.

I only know of 6-8 examples of the "official" confirmed type Danish flag collar tabs and they are, to my knowledge, all in Denmark (one of them is my avatar....).
                            Looking for any original items related to Danish W-SS volunteers

Comment

danish flag collar patch

Hi
                              Following the subject, you can relay on the explanation given by Prorege, and he is right stating that the only known patch are the one, used in his avatar.
                              I to have this patch, - and I sadly have to say, that all those shown here, to my knowledge, are suspect.
                              In the early books of Littlejohn, Uniforms of the SS vol l. Denmark a.s.-some pics are sporting a patch with have a metal RZM badge asigned to it,-but there are no such patch in the RZM list from that time, and this patch have never been included int the "Dachau"production-but several are made in the USA in the early 70ties.
                              The Denmark patch was produced in Denmark, it have no buckram inlead, but carton, no "tread stiching" in the "Dachau" way on the back,- and the stiching are made in an special way called chain-stiching(Kurbel Stickerei)and if you have an original-you will see, the flag are made as a drawing in white befor filling it out with the coloured tread.
                              Believe this-and no other.
                              some industrial persons in Denmark wanted to make a Freicorps outside the DNSAP, and they spend money on it and it was named the "Freicorps-Danebrog"-but it never went out "live" - and they wanted the troops to fight in danish uniforms too, but all was left, was the patches made for a corps that died in burth.
                              Yours
                              'Hallandsen

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X