Is this for real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this for real?

Here is an example of a "late war" printed sleave eagle. SS experts, is this genuine? Help needed.
    Attached Files

It looks like mine, which was issued and worn. They are fairly cheesy looking, but a real pattern and design. They'd be pretty easy to replicate though, as the materials and workmanship are very basic.

s/f Robert

Comment

Thanks guys. Is there any other opinions, comments, yes, no, anything? Guidance needed.

Comment

Any war time photos with this types of eagle in use?

Cheers
        ******216;yvind

Comment

I've never seen any wartime pictures, but I have one that was sewn on and was definately worn pre-1945. s/f Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE
            It looks like mine, which was issued and worn. They are fairly cheesy looking, but a real pattern and design. They'd be pretty easy to replicate though, as the materials and workmanship are very basic.

s/f Robert
            Its an accepted original late war pattern. I would love to see a photo of your worn sleeve eagle.

/Felix

Comment

I just took them, Felix. This eagle came in the Dutch SS insignia lot I posted several months back, and since then I've got the Canadian soldier's authorization to clear out the German supply warehouse and barracks. He cut off the insignia from the uniforms, and carefully drew pictures of what he cut from the uniforms, including the SS, HG, and Army uniforms.

Anyway, this eagle was in the lot. Like everything in the group, it's pre-1945 and nothing had been tampered with.

s/f Robert
              Attached Files

Comment

Reverse -
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for showing!

Thats the first used one Ive seen of this kind! A nice find!

/Felix

Comment

Thanks Felix! To get back to Øyvind question, I think the printed pattern on mine is very similiar if not identical to his. Bottomline: I think your eagle is good, and hope this helps. s/f Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Felix
                      Thanks for showing!

Thats the first used one Ive seen of this kind! A nice find!

/Felix
                      Bill Shea's had these for sale for years.

Comment

Originally posted by CurtD
                        Bill Shea's had these for sale for years.
                        Not used ones.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE
                          Thanks Felix! To get back to Øyvind question, I think the printed pattern on mine is very similiar if not identical to his. Bottomline: I think your eagle is good, and hope this helps. s/f Robert
                          Yes, the one I posted looks identical to yours. Thanks for showing it. Ron.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                          X