You are allright
    Thanks for your help
    Cheers
    Lassi

Originally posted by Fritz
    Yes, very nice actually

Fritz

Comment

I checked my archives and found some pictures of the identical and complete fake uniform (jacket and trousers) that I had examined 25 years ago. Sorry for the poor pictures but I had to scan the original photos.

Note that this example had an original tropical eagle zig-zag sewn to the sleeve … probably an earlier production ?

The lining was made of bluish discoloured HBT with convincing size markings.

These fakes fooled many collectors as they were made from original dot camouflage cloth (namely with the tell-tale two shades of light green dots). Moreover, the jacket and trousers were assembled from different quality and differently dyed cloth in order to add credibility as being very late war items.

Best,
      Mark
      Attached Files

Comment

Jacket and trousers :
        Attached Files

Comment

Fascinating and very scary..I wonder how much of this old material is still availale? I've never trusted that "blueish" purplish hue hbt material lining that some say is italian airforce lining..I've seen it on recent and older SS wool wrappers, a very BIG german dealer at one point about 4 years ago or more had THREE identical wool SS wrappers for sale..all with only eagle, tag,,supposedly unissued..with this dark blue hbt material, and I believe the individual who inspected them came to the conclusion they were completely modern tailored items out of period wool..One wonders how detectalbe this set would be today if constructed with the same original material but with proper pattern..as original buttons..thread is all out there..something to be so careful about. I would imagine this is an excellent reason why NOT to post pics of interior and fine details on these forums..and ALSO NOT to give detailed fine descriptions as to WHY a piece is a repro, even if this cuts against the grain of some collectors and newer collectors in particular..I myself have been guilty of being over critical when others simply say "bad" ...and should obviously see why now..
          Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 08-15-2006, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X