Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreign Volunteer patch??

HI guys
    I don't know for sure what this patch is,but i think is a foreign unit patch. It's been cut off of a uniform. Any help will be most welcome!! I mite as well ask what it's worth also. Thanks in advance !!!
    David Robertson
    Attached Files

the back of the material it's on
    Attached Files

Comment

Interesting patch but not one I can link to any foreign volunteers.

Comment

I don't think It has anything to do With WW II, I think it’s a police shield of maybe a German police district?
        <O</O
        Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-08-2006, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Hallo German Police is dies not.
          Its City of Mainz.
          Music or Club, not officel
          Sorry for my english.

Comment

shield

Could be music (band) related, could be shooting club, but it could also be from a service of the municipality, like the "strassenbahn" (tram or light rail) or bus service. I have a 1930's "strassenbahn" uniform and at one time it had a shield (or eagle?) devise on the left sleeve, now removed. Everything else (like the collar tabs) is intact fortunately. It would be impossible to date the piece other than determining if it was made of synthetic materials or not... but the field gray backing is not something you would normally find on a civilian uniform! Or is it gray? Maybe its related to somekind of security service of the city or a company, so it could have been on a "Werkschutz" uniform maybe? I'm just grasping here...I guess we will never know... But definitely not foreign volunteer related if it belongs to the city of Mainz... At least we solved one piece of the puzzle! and I don't discount it not being a third reich era piece, based on the construction . Thanks for sharing! Nick

Comment

Thanks for all of the info guys! It came from a vet so who knows were it came from. He probably thought it was neat so he cut it off.
              David Robertson

Comment

Koln not Mainz

The coat of arms is not that of Mainz, it's from Koln. I think the same sign is shown in Brian Davis' "German Uniforms of the Third Reich 1933-1945" being worn by a public tranport employee on a grey uniform.

Comment

Mainz

Hi
                  The badge shown could be for a Strassenbahn-helfer, as they had the city court of arms on their uniform(left arm)
                  Only the backing left no such idea as they wore black, dark-blue, or in some instance greenish uniforms(they did so in the town of Flensburg, northern Germany)
                  Hi from *
                  Hallandsen

Comment

HI guys thanks for the good info!! IF any one is interested it's on estand
                    David Robertson

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X