• Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS hat real or fake???

hi !
    SS hat real or fake?......?
    thanks !

http//:imagespictures.com/3490/iop3.jpg
    Last edited by viking 57; 08-17-2006, 08:55 AM.

Fake TK.

Comment

Excluding insignia (not my thing),so far, there are possibilities for the cap (IMO). There are more qualified people than me though, when it comes to ss visors.

Comment

a brand new user with similar photo styles, more ss schirmmutzen, except he read my post in demeter's thread and took my advice and took his photos in the bathroom instead of the bedroom! i can't help thinking this is just demeter/der adler again...

Comment

Originally posted by Hee-La
          a brand new user with similar photo styles, more ss schirmmutzen, except he read my post in demeter's thread and took my advice and took his photos in the bathroom instead of the bedroom! i can't help thinking this is just demeter/der adler again...
          Hmmmm...could be the same thumb:

Comment

Guys, when you are right, you are right! By the way the cap is a 1960's fake I am pretty sure. Ask Dave Kane for comfirmation.

This is our guy by the way. He just moved from the bedroom for his photos to the bathroom, lol.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=170447

Well out of the 20 things he has posted he did come up with a real Erel Luft. After seeing who posted it I would still want a hands on though.

**** Note: I want to change my assesment from 60's fake to Latvian. I just looked at my data base of Latvian's and the shield and lining look very similer to the ones I have on file.
            Last edited by NTZ; 08-03-2006, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Are you sure he's in the bathroom? Looks like dirty dishes in the sink... maybe it's one of those econo-apartments, or a closet with a sink!

Don't bother with this...

Bob

Comment

hi again !
                this is a fake hat? I am sade... I have buy this cap 10 years ago, for 1000 us $
                that will be a reproduction of the 60's... very hold reproduction... you are sure ? lol
                who is it demeter? and this pictures with the hands.... lol
                can you explain me ?
                thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz
                  Are you sure he's in the bathroom? Looks like dirty dishes in the sink... maybe it's one of those econo-apartments, or a closet with a sink!

Don't bother with this...

Bob
                  And I see a washing machine and the cat food bowl and I believe the blue plastic scoop is for cat turds....

Comment

Moving to London hasn't improved his English writing abilities -- it's so sade!

Bob

Comment

The more I think about it, the more I would put big money on a Latvian origin. They always have those shields that are slightly milky in appearance and 9 out of 10 time have black painted lettering that is slightly faded.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nick, you are developing a good eye to support the 'gut feeling'!

The more we write, demonstrate and explain the more the forgers will adapt....

Although a bit crude in appearance we should pay attention to the sweatband, cap peak (top), piping, along with the cello diamond.....

As an aside...doesn't that TK have a 'bump' on its noggin?
                        Regards,
                        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by viking 57
                          who is it demeter? and this pictures with the hands.... lol
                          can you explain me ?
                          thanks !
                          Heheh... this guy got to be the most funny person on the forum right now.

Most of his "original Waffen-SS" hats are in Gary Woods hall of shame:
                          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=83489&page=16

Cheers
                          ******216;yvind

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X