SS armband fantasy piece?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS armband fantasy piece?

I'm not an expert on armbands but I never seen anything like this before.
    Seller says 100% original like most sellers on auction says about every fantasy pieces from the Third Reich.
    http://www.tradera.com/auction/aid_31084142

Sam,

Actually I believe those existed - there was an SS-FM organization. Not really all that familiar with it. I'm sure that somebody with far more information and experience will come along and answer the question, but I think this could be real - not a fantasy piece... somebody will have to ring in on the techncial details.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz
      Actually I believe those existed - there was an SS-FM organization. Not really all that familiar with it. I'm sure that somebody with far more information and experience will come along and answer the question, but I think this could be real - not a fantasy piece... somebody will have to ring in on the techncial details.

Bob
      Thanks for your input Bob!
      Looking forward to hear more opinions and history about this armband.

Best,

Sam,

Comment

There were a few original examples SS FM pennants floating around..But so far to date the armband has been deemed a fantasy item for years...

Comment

-

Didn´t Delta International sell those? IMO pure crap.

Comment

Thanks to all for opinions!
            I have read somewhere that SS-FM Fördernde Mitglieder was an organisation for non SS members who supported SS financially in one way or another.There are original SS-FM pennants and pins out there as Gaspare wrote but maybe the armbands are fantasy?
            Fake or real, this isn't an SS item anyway and should not be described as that.

Best,

Sam,

Comment

Total fantasy.

Comment

actually they did exist, i have one of the real examples that my grandpa had in his collection.
                it has an RZM and is stamped with an ss eagle on the rzm.

Comment

Originally posted by luftwaffe5991 View Post
                  actually they did exist, i have one of the real examples that my grandpa had in his collection.
                  Well I guess that settles it. If it has an SS eagle stamped on it -- must be genuine. A faker would never think to put a fake SS stamp on something.

Comment

pics?

Originally posted by luftwaffe5991 View Post
                    Got pics/scans? (man,,,an old thread!)
                    Last edited by PaulMann; 08-10-2009, 02:44 PM. Reason: yes

Comment

An RZM tag stamped with an SS eagle would be a huge red flag for me!

Comment

Originally posted by CurtD View Post
                        Well I guess that settles it. If it has an SS eagle stamped on it -- must be genuine. A faker would never think to put a fake SS stamp on something.
                        Never would they think to do such a thing!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X