• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ital camo windbluse

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ayphotohosting

Very interesting piece!

hmo

Never seen one like it before? I suspect it is an Italian Army issue item given the markings? Sadly I know nothing about Italian stuff. Not sure about any SS conection here?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

People see something with Italian camouflaged material and automatically assume it must be SS-related... oh-oh! Price just doubled cause it was "SS"!!!

Bob

Comment

looks quite strange : its an anorak made with italian camo cloth on the REVERSE side (which look more similar to WW2 pattern). we cannot see well the inner part, but that particular pattern was in use until the 90's in Italy (italian marines used it until 1990-91). Beware

Comment

Originally posted by basenordest
          that particular pattern was in use until the 90's in Italy (italian marines used it until 1990-91). Beware
          Not the same pattern from IIWW.
          Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Originally posted by oragno
            Not the same pattern from IIWW.
            Dear Oragno

the uniforms we wore at San Marco were not pattern m29, you are correct. But if you make a jacket up with the reverse side, could fool someone not keen of italian camo patterns.
            So you are saying that the anorak for sale on ebay is made with 29 pattern material ? i can't say that, since the inner side is not visible, just few inches, and what I see doesnt look right to me.

Comment

cool jacket but not real.
              and why would would you make it with the camo on the inside?

when in doubt dont buy!

DAn

Comment

Hallo boys!!
                Will be a good piece but unlucky is not original !!
                The jacket was made from a revers side of a modern curtain's lenghths used to the italian Army.
                The colour of camo is it too much strong inside
                This way can be good for the reenacting actors!!!
                Bye!

Comment

how about this one

edit
                  Last edited by hmo; 08-14-2006, 09:16 AM. Reason: wrong link

Comment

how about this one

How about this one - personally I dont like the colours (mint) what do you think?

Aside from the originality of the above item: Are any gebirgsj******228;ger wind jackets from italian camo material known to exist, does anyone have wartime pictures that show soldiers wearing these jackets?

Any input gladly appreciated.

Hmo

http://cgi.ebay.com/Elite-forces-Mou...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Originally posted by hmo
                      Does anyone have wartime pictures that show soldiers wearing these jackets?
                      I dont own the pictures, but has seen some 10 fotos or so showing army(!) mountaintroupers wearing those 3 -pocket-windblouses. On one image there were app. 40 soldiers, so I guess they are not private tailored.

Check this ital. camo blouse, same cut as the one started this thread, but the seller obviously has some talent to manipulate a known wartime image taken on dec. 17 1944 during the battle of the bulge. By close inspection you will see by the camopattern that it is the very blouse he is selling - some dreamers might say "It is the soldiers blouse..."...
                      The other "wartime" image shows his son (I guess) in the very same blouse again - maybee in his backyard...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Comment

I´m afraid this is a fake too! The SS BW on a Italian camo gebirgsjäger IMO

Cheers Lassi

Originally posted by hmo
                        How about this one - personally I dont like the colours (mint) what do you think?

Aside from the originality of the above item: Are any gebirgsjäger wind jackets from italian camo material known to exist, does anyone have wartime pictures that show soldiers wearing these jackets?

Any input gladly appreciated.

Hmo

http://cgi.ebay.com/Elite-forces-Mou...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso
                          I dont own the pictures, but has seen some 10 fotos or so showing army(!) mountaintroupers wearing those 3 -pocket-windblouses. On one image there were app. 40 soldiers, so I guess they are not private tailored.
                          Thank you for that information. I hope someone else can provide a pic.

Check this ital. camo blouse, same cut as the one started this thread, but the seller obviously has some talent to manipulate a known wartime image taken on dec. 17 1944 during the battle of the bulge. By close inspection you will see by the camopattern that it is the very blouse he is selling - some dreamers might say "It is the soldiers blouse..."...
                          The other "wartime" image shows his son (I guess) in the very same blouse again - maybee in his backyard...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
                          Very good observation. Let me add: The jacket doesn't only have the same cut as the one that let me start this thread, it is the same jacket. Look at the pattern on the sleeves, cuffs, in the middle. The seller is obviously a criminal since he added that picture with the kid in the garden, that manipulated wartime picture and that odd story which should make us believe that he found the jacket at an antique-market. I hope the price ends under 500,- € so he loses money

hmo

Comment

Another one on eBay

This seller has hit a new low! He's photo-shopped images of his jacket to actual photos of Waffen SS guys and claims he has found "actual photographs" of his jacket in use! Couldn't he be reported to eBay for fraud? Unbelievable!
                            Last edited by Gunbunny; 08-14-2006, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                            X