33-35 Eagle Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

33-35 Eagle Question

I'm a complete outsider in this forum, so please be patient with my ignorance . My question has to do with early cap eagles like the type shown below (shown just for reference purposes - I do not own that eagle). I would like to find an authentic eagle like that one to compliment my early DLV cap band badge. Can someone help point out the details to look for in an authentic cap eagle? I know cap eagles like this are highly faked, so what seperates good from bad? I did several forum searches but found little to go on. Any help/guidance would be appricaited.

Thanks!

Scott
    Attached Files

1929 Hoheitszeichen

I favor the variant with the RZM # in a stand-alone fashion, i.e. "17" or "RZM" on one wing, and the # on the other. However, these are also unmarked. And they are faked quite a bit, too. The originals are a very light Blech. These are not especially rare, either. Surely some nimble colleague can illustrate examples or point out a relevant thread.

Comment

Thanks Donald. What is "light Blech"?

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Herc1
        Thanks Donald. What is "light Blech"?

Scott

Tin or the like. Or Buntmetall, the alloy in which the Germans rendered badges. The authentic pieces are very light, indeed.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X