Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

panzer SS camo wrapper

Hi,

I would like have your meaning about this unknow panzer ss camo wrapper found last year in Schönberg, a village in the belgian ardennes near Saint Vith and Malmedy ( it hung on a swifter in an attic ).

There is no marking or eagle on the sleeve. The back is made with two pieces and no with only one. Then this wind-breaker seems to be a wind-breaker made by a tailor with fabric of tent. Did you see yet and know something like this ?

What could be the price for this piece ?

Thanks.

IMO it's a repro.

Fritz

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz
      IMO it's a repro.

Fritz
      I've spent a lot of time at my friend Willi Schumacher's house examining and playing with his camouflaged panzer jacket and this doesn't come close to matching. Plus there are many other minor things that bother me about this piece. I agree with Fritz. I believe this is reproduction.

Bob

Comment

Interesting reproduction.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Do jackets like this or smocks that are in divided in 2 in the back always reproductions?

Comment

Why do you think it's a reproduction ????

Comment

Originally posted by ytarg
              Why do you think it's a reproduction ????
              Hi there,
              I would rather like to see it in drill not in HBT. Beside that I think that the HBT material that was used to make this item is not a authentic HBT material but a "g-max" HBT. Beside that the construction doesn't convince me and it looks artificialy aged.

You mentioned it could be fieldmade from a zeltbahn, this would be unusual since zeltbahnen weren't made from HBT material.

Sorry...I believe this one isn't period.

Fritz

Comment

[QUOTE=Fritz]I would rather like to see it in drill not in HBT.

HBT material is acceptable for original examples of this garment.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer

HBT material is acceptable for original examples of this garment.

B. N. Singer

Yes it is, but much rarer IMO, like a blurred edge wrapper...well, allmost impossible to find especialy "in a barn". I believe a HBT example is in one of the beaver books along with some drill wrappers.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Look here:

http://pacificcoast.net/~gmax/uniforms/sscamoflage.htm

Scroll down to the "Oak HBT" pattern, I believe it could be the same.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz
                      I believe it could be the same.

Cheers

Fritz

yes it sure looks like the same manufacturer, as they use the same modern overlock stitch on the seam edges, although that is the least of its problems
                      cheers
                      Gary

Comment

Its amazing how these repros are typicaly fournd by new members in some Belgian attic....tucked nicely away only a stones throw from the Ardennes..
                        Aside from the obvious..the neck closure hardware is wrong....not like the originals..IM sure those who have been collecting
                        long enough know exactly what Im talking about..and the forgers obviously will figure it out sooner or later..however..like most
                        things..they never get anything completely right..(at least I hope!
                        Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 04-28-2006, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott A. Hess
                          Its amazing how these repros are typicaly fournd by new members in some Belgian attic....tucked nicely away only a stones throw from the Ardennes..
                          Hehe, I agree!!

Comment

Hi,

Why typical from new member from belgium ?????

I know, germans troops went to Venezuela and Porto rico and the good pieces are of course there. In belgium between 1940 and 1945 there were nothing. Like in zwitzerland, there were no one german soldier. More, now in the ardennes, the are no more attics and farms, only towers and new buildings and appartments ...

Did you with me when I bought this wrapper and now do I ask you to buy it ? I 'm not a swindler ...

I just asked an identification of the model !

If you prefer think it's coming from Hong Kong ( or perhaps venezuela... ), no problem. It is very well in my collection ...

Fo vo arrètè di rakontè to sakan biestrie ...

Comment

For what its worth the interior seams..the joining of the length of the arm..and the area where the body of the sleeve meets the wrapper itself appears to have been finished with a modern interlocking serger..GMAX uses this technique ..as well as many other companies..I know there were multi needle machines in use in the 40's..but the serger as we know it today didnt pop up unitl the lat fifties or sixties I believe..and I believe White made the first ones. This type of finish seam is not found in my experience on period manufactured pieces..let alone use of the type of machine that did this finish seam/cut.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X