No announcement yet.

My "Wikings" part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very rare and super combat norwegian Frontkjemper badges!
    Keep up the good work.
    Regards

Comment

First of all, thanks for all the kind words!

Derek:
      After talking with several collectors who have shared very some interesting info with me, I`m starting to belive they were made during ww2. Also spoke with a collector who got a zink badge from allied vetern, who took the badge from a Norwegian Waffen-SS soldier on the liberation day. I know your skills regarding these badges Derek, and im sure you got more info regarding this particular badge than I do

Cheers
      ******216;yvind
      Last edited by Øyvind; 06-05-2006, 05:28 PM.

Comment

t
        Last edited by Øyvind; 04-04-2009, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Øyvind
          First of all, thanks for all the kind words!

Derek:
          After talking with several collectors who have shared very some interesting info with me, I`m starting to belive they were made during ww2. Also spoke with a collector who got a zink badge from allied vetern who took a zink badge from a Norwegian Waffen-SS soldier on the liberation day. I know your skills regarding these badges Derek, and im sure you got more info regarding this particular badge than I do

Cheers
          ******216;yvind
          Hi ******216;yvind.

As you probably have heard and as most norwegian collectors believe, the frontkjemper-badge, was made by a named SS veteran from Drammen after he came out of prison. In 1947 he made these badges and sold them to veterans that had lost or had been taken their badges in 1945.
          One friend of mine bought over 10 of these badges from the widow of this veteran for 15 years ago.
          So I personally will say they are the 1947 zink-version model.
          I have the name of the veteran who made them :-)
          Last edited by DeMil; 06-05-2006, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Yes, that is the story I always have been told and always belived, but dont you find it a bit strange that the frontfighters would make this badge as early as 1947? The war was still pretty close, and many of the men were in prison at that time. Im not saying that I dont belive this badge to be made after ww2, or under the war, but the recent info I have got have made me a bit unsure. Do you think it is posible that the badge could have been made as an replacement badge late in the war, AND after the war?

Cheers
            Øyvind

Comment

Originally posted by Øyvind
              Yes, that is the story I always have been told and always belived, but dont you find it a bit strange that the frontfighters would make this badge as early as 1947? The war was still pretty close, and many of the men were in prison at that time. Im not saying that I dont belive this badge to be made after ww2, or under the war, but the recent info I have got have made me a bit unsure. Do you think it is posible that the badge could have been made as an replacement badge late in the war, AND after the war?

Cheers
              ******216;yvind
              Hi ******216;yvind.

I have talked to over 50 SS veterans and all of them got the Frontkjemper-badge in silver, but if you have waterproof evidence it was made during the war - I would be very very glad

Derek

Comment

Hi,

Very nice badges and a interesting discussion. While on the subject, I has always been of the understanding that the period badges was stamped with the silver mark 830.

Have some of you ever seen a badge with a 935 silver mark with a documented period connection?

Rgds
                P******229;l
                Last edited by Bax; 06-06-2006, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Øyvind - Those are very nice badges. There is also a detailed description of these badges and more in the recent book by Geir Brenden and Derek Schei, "Utmerkelser tildet Norske krigsfrivillge pä Tyskside". Have you ever seen one of these "Wiking" plates? A former SS-Sturmbannführer from the "Wiking" Division gave it to me.

John
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bax
                    Hi,

Very nice badges and a interesting discussion. While on the subject, I has always been of the understanding that the period badges was stamped with the silver mark 830.

Have some of you ever seen a badge with a 935 silver mark with a documented period connection?

Rgds
                    Pål
                    Hi Pål.

I have seen MANY wartime frontkjemperbadges, but none stamped 935.
                    I do not belive you find original frontkjemperbadges with 935 stamping.

Best
                    Derek

Comment

Originally posted by prorege1
                      Beautiful!!! Except you can't spell in Norway, it's "Frontk******230;mper"
                      Anyway here is my only one.
                      Hi Prorege 1.

Can you messure your badge in mm.

Thanks
                      Derek

Comment

Of course:

H:43mm
                        W:33.5mm
                        Looking for any original items related to Danish W-SS volunteers

Comment

Originally posted by prorege1
                          Of course:

H:43mm
                          W:33.5mm
                          Hi.
                          I was a bit doubtful of the quality on the backside. Some bumps etc. but this Frontkjemperbadge you have is a good one.
                          It is a good copy on the market that looks a bit like yours on the backside but this has the height 42 mm.

Best
                          Derek
                          Last edited by DeMil; 06-07-2006, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Here is my fighter Øyvind! silver with 830s and "W". You dont get this one ..jet.. HeHe! Best, norge
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by norge
                              You dont get this one ..jet.. HeHe!
                              We will see about that....

Great looking badge you got there my friend! Do you got any pictures of the Norwegian volunteer?

Comment

Øyvind your Frontfighter collection is just stunning!! I be glad to buy them all one day.. HeHe!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X