Finnish SS Battalion Insignia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finnish SS Battalion Insignia?

hi, other than a lion sleeve shield and a planned cufftitle that never existed, was there any other Finnish national insignia in the Finnish SS Battalion? I'm asking this because I'm might start collecting Finnish SS stuff and I don't know much about the Finnish SS battalion. thanks for any help

K.Chan

just look in the vlaandern land of beauty theres enough in there to get a good idea

Comment

Finnish isn't Flemish

Comment

finnish ss-battalion

Hello K.Chan,

Nice to hear some has interest to finnish ss-battallion first of all try to purchase Olli Wikberg's book "Meine ehre heisst treu" published by wiking-divisioona oy. This book has all the answers about insignia,uniforms etc. of finnish ss-battalion.

Collecting finnish ss-battallion stuff, is hard. That is reason why I collect German army items

Comment

-

Yes, buy some books first and then try to get some nice badges. The Nordland cuff-title was common among the Finnish volunteers.

Comment

As far as I know the "only" official Finnish W-SS WW2 insignia was the black/grey sleeve shield, so technically you would have a complete Finnish collection when you have the sleeve shield
            Looking for any original items related to Danish W-SS volunteers

Comment

Hello K.Chan,

Collecting items related to Finnish volunteers of the W-SS is not very easy task. There are some local made items which existed during the war. Among these are the sleeve shields (three versions), which can some times be found outside Finland too. Some uniforms and other items were also made locally, but the majority of the uniforms, insignia and equipment was of German origin. There were never Finnish SS or similar organizations as seen in occupied countries. For this reason the insignia etc. was almost the same as seen among regular German SS units of period 1941-1943.
              Happy collecting

Olli

Ps. good books are always worth buying. Thanks Rami and welcome to this "side" too

Comment

Hi guys,

Do you all ever heard about the planned Finnish Lion kragenspiegeln for the members of the Finnish SS?

Regards
                Panzermahn

Comment

Hi,

This story is unknown to me. Finnish volunteers only used standard SS collar patches and (some) for the very brief period TK patches. This TK period was in May 1941. I have never heard or read about any planned collar patches for Finns. Have others?
                  Cheers

Olli

Comment

-

Never heard of a collar tab for the Finns. A cufftitle yes, but no collar tab.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X