Peaked Cap Insignia "Matched" Sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they all markt ?

I have one SS skull in my colection that apers to be legit, but it dasent have any marking on the back side !

Are they all markt or there are some withaut any markings ?

Matthias

Comment

Originally posted by Matthias Fritz View Post
      I have one SS skull in my colection that apers to be legit, but it dasent have any marking on the back side !

Are they all markt or there are some withaut any markings ?
      Matthias
      There were originals without markings, such as the zinc Assmann skulls which I already mentioned in post #12 in this thread. Deschler also produced some unmarked skulls. I suggest that you start a new thread about your skull (this one is about matching sets) and post photos if you would like to know if yours is original.

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
        A nice aluminum 499/41 Zimmermann TK turned up at the SOS, allowing me to complete another (nearly) matching set with an aluminum M1/72 Zimmermann eagle, which I already had. Thanks to the forum member who sold me the TK at the show last week and thanks to the other forum member who traded me the eagle last year.

Originally posted by SScollector View Post
        This is the only solid aluminum 499/41 skull that I have ever seen, except for my own. A very rare piece. Congrats! Chris
        Well guys, if you ever get tired of those alu Zimmermanns, please don't hesitate to let me know. Jealous? Nooo!

Comment

Hello all,

Great matching sets there; anyone ever have two and put together a set that was pretty much matched as some do with collar tabs?

William Kramer
          Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
            Hello all,

Great matching sets there; anyone ever have two and put together a set that was pretty much matched as some do with collar tabs?

William Kramer
            I'm not sure what you mean. The eagle and skull from my Assmann set come from two separate places, but they look like they've been together for ever. (Thanks Brad)
            Attached Files

Comment

One more matched set for our study:

Zimmerman 499/41 skull and Zimmerman 499/42 M1/72 eagle.
              Attached Files

Comment

Backside:

Zimmerman 499/41 skull and Zimmerman 499/42 M1/72 eagle.
                Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful skulls and eagle sets friends. Here is my contribution with an ss nco peaked cap. Untuched / Allways been there insignia. I belive skull is an allu. 499/41 never looked on back side thou, and never will! The eagle i dont know for sure, but think i could see M1/8 or M128 ? It have allu at back side and rzm mark up right near center. I dont want or dear to take it of the visor. It is a 2 pins eagle. So if anyone maybe could tell more about skull and eagle it would be fine. Best regards, norge
                  Attached Files

Comment

I Think i have a matching set ?

These too me look matching and learning about them is slow coments welcome.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

David, your skull is a brass/tombac "RZM 52" marked Deschler skull
                          and the eagle is a CupAl Zimmermann.
                          The Deschler skull/Zimmermann eagle combination is one of the most commonly found on original SS visors.
                          Very nice!

Best, Chris

Comment

i absolutely love these pieces. some sellers have been selling a pair at £120 a pop. would you say thats the market price?

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
                              i absolutely love these pieces. some sellers have been selling a pair at £120 a pop. would you say thats the market price?
                              Only for a good set of reproductions.

Comment

In the UK,thats a guarantee.
                                Seiler

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X