• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Front
      Attached Files

Comment

Thoughts on the insingnia guys ? I see a thread were 'SS Collector' talks aout round bases for the M1/52 Tk pins, mine has them.These are the best photos I have.

I am nearly theirplease help with the final piece of the jigsaw !

Regards Craig.

Comment

Originally posted by roughshooter
          Thoughts on the insingnia guys ? I see a thread were 'SS Collector' talks aout round bases for the M1/52 Tk pins, mine has them.These are the best photos I have.

I am nearly theirplease help with the final piece of the jigsaw !

Regards Craig.
          Well, this TK does have round bases for the pins, but not the right round bases IMO. There are certainly a lot of fake M1/52 TKs out there and I believe this is one of the more well known varieties. In specific regard to the bases, these appear smaller in diameter and crude by comparison with the proper ones.

However, from the photos, I think the Zimmermann eagle looks OK.

Brad

Comment

So does Fred have a genuine, ultra-rare, colored waffenfarbe SS cap? Must be worth a chunk of change in this condition.

Comment

Can anybody help me with the makers stamp for this Cap please seems to be stamped Robert ********* Bad ********

Regards Craig.

Comment

The M1/52 skull is a repro and I also feel that the M1/72 eagle is bad, but I cannot say for sure on the eagle without clearer photos. Is there anyway that you could post some better pics of the front side of the eagle and some close-ups of the markings and pin attachment crimps on the back? I would like to be sure.

Best, Chris

Comment

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your comments. Unfotunately it may be a few weeks until I can get better pics. However a good cap with bad insignia I can live with.

Now the next problem....finding real insignia !

Regards Craig.

Comment

in guter Gesellschaft.

You do join the rest of us in your quest. An authentic cap with bum insignia is pretty typical, in fact. More extraordinary is a real cap with authentic insignia. One seldom finds such a thing, actually. More troubling are fake caps with real insignia. Legion are the fake caps with fake insignia, such that one's eye balls turn to cinders. And, I would be remiss if I failed to mention real caps with no insignia, which also unfold here; or fake caps with no insignia, but replete with the cunningly applied outlines of same so as to trick and deceive the innocent seeker.
                    Last edited by Donald Abenheim; 03-27-2006, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Dear Gentlemen,

It came as no real suprise a few months ago when I posted the above Visor and the Insignia were deemed to be early 1980's Austrian fakes.

As soon as the Visor got the thumbs up from the likes of the sadly missed and much respected Mr Aberheim, and others, I was determined to restore it with real insignia.

I have posted here pictures of the finished Visor for those who may be interested, and would like to say a big thank you to forum member Bwanek who has been a mind of information on the subject of SS Insignia, and who kindly sold me the replacement insignia you see here.

The Visor is currently awaiting a mannequinn somewhere in the Hohe Wand National Park in the middle of the SS front lines near Gloggnitz, Austria. I feel that this is a fitting final resting place for this re-assembled piece.

Thanks again Brad.

Regards Craig.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

A perfect match for the cap. Well done guys.

Comment

Well done! It is a shame Dr. Abenheim, Bob Coleman and others are not here to comment - I am sure they would approve.

Comment

A very nice Cap thanks for sharing it,it has a lot of character.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X