Emedals - Medalbook

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dutch and other SS insignia has arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen any documentation they were worn either, though their manufacture is well documented. It would be unremarkable except that it has obviously seen use on a uniform.

Comment

What a great haul! Must be insignia spring cleaning time in estates!

Comment

What great find. Possibly the best one I have ever seen from one guy. There is some really rare stuff in there.

Personally, I don't think the printed eagles were ever actualy worn, even though this one shows loose threads, I have seen many vet items that were sewn to blankets, flags, etc. over the years. I tend to think that due to wartime expediency these would have been sewn on either in a traingle (m44 style) or with the typical zig-zag stitching. (if actually used)

Still a fantastic find~!
        http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Jerry! The eagle was worn: it's been folded and sewn like a bevo eagle, with close together stitches. The vet didn't mess with any of these items in terms of modifying them or sewing them - I don't know what it was worn on, but it was worn and shows field use.

It might have been stitched to the back of an SS collaborators dress in the seat area - but it was on something before 1945!

s/f Robert

Comment

Very Nice, Robert.

If you wants to sell some Dutch stuff...

Gr,
            MArcel

Comment

That is a really nice lot, how come you expected 19 pieces? And, how come he sent more...did he "throw in" the rest?

John

Comment

Yeah answer that question five years later please

Comment

and yes printed wss eagles were worn, some new pictures on WAF confirmed this very recently! Forgot about this thread and now we know for sure
                  kapitein

Comment

Now we know!

To paraphrase the Bard;
                    "There are more things in heaven and earth Horatio than you can envision in your dreams..."
                    http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Very nice haul! Must have gotten quite the shock when you opened the package!
                      The printed eagles were actually worn, see this topic: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...+printed+eagle

Comment

Originally posted by John T View Post
                        Yeah answer that question five years later please
                        Sure John, I expected the items I paid for, and he sent me all the items pictured. Thought I'd already answered it, but there you have it.

regards,
                        Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
                          Here's the eagles - the printed one is folder for wear, and has loose threads. It was issued and worn. The emroidered one has strange long wings - not sure how to describe it but it's not like any of my others.
                          one of the last type of arm eagles to be worn
                          and earlier type of arm eagle to be worn!!
                          well done,
                          nice haul
                          wisches

Comment

And WHAT is this beast?
                            Dutch cuff title for auxiliary collaboration troops.
                            Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Comment

Let me check, Fred, and lurking is the right term - the vet actually sewed or attached the chevrons, eagles, and hat emblems together from the uniforms he took them from - an put a name tag on the back. Here's the rune - it's bigger than I thought these were -
                              Could also be a Dutch or even Flemish SS sleeve diamond. The runes in these were actually bigger than the "standard" German Ss sleeve diamonds.
                              Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Comment

Sure John, I expected the items I paid for, and he sent me all the items pictured. Thought I'd already answered it, but there you have it.

regards,
                                Robert
                                HI Robert...now that was very nice of the person!!! What a great haul

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X