• Time
  • Show
Clear All

cap eagle opinions?

Attached Files

I have no problem with this one

Comment

Its also a reproduction. Im sorry.

If it came from the other source as the sleeve eagle, you know its a bad source.

//Felix

Comment

Originally posted by Felix
        Its also a reproduction. Im sorry.

If it came from the other source as the sleeve eagle, you know its a bad source.

//Felix
        no just things Ive had laying around for years . I knew other was bad but what is wrong with this one? I actually had some hopes about this one......

Comment

Originally posted by RD Rygaard
          no just things Ive had laying around for years . I knew other was bad but what is wrong with this one? I actually had some hopes about this one......
          Felix is right. This is a very good fake...so good, that it is one of those which makes you wonder how much longer to stay in this hobby. In this case, the give-away is the feet that seem to stick out, leaving black showing around the "ankles." I have seen this one in flatwire as well.

Brad

Comment

Flippin heck, that's a very scary repro..

Comment

....no kidding, this is very scary

Comment

That is an old fake, they still make this pattern today but it is not as good, the first run! were woven using cotton that is why the eagle has that matt appearance, they also at the time made an officers type and a tropical type, they were probably made by the same makers who made what collectors term the bigfoot eagle, this again has been copied more than once but the very early ones share some traits with the cap eagle above
                cheers
                Gary

example below is of the same run as the eagle above, this example though has a fault in the top 2 wing elements
                Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-31-2008, 11:23 AM.

Comment

this is a later fake of the same type of eagle the cotton has been replaced in this run, welt is a polyester mix
                  Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-31-2008, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X