Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M44 Pea Pattern Jacket

Dear All,

I have this one in my collection and would like to ask some general questions about those very nice pieces of uniform.

First question is regarding the material: the majority of such tunics is made of HBT, but some are made of cotton twill, which ones are earlier?

Second question is about the lining. Some, like mine, are lined in that silver grey herring bone rayon, others in tan cotton twill. Again, is there an early / late difference? Or is it something typical of the particular factories? Or is it something that was randomly distributed?

Third and last question. Some of tose tunics are SS BW marked others are not. Do we know why?

Thanks for your patience and for sharing the answers!

Best regards,

Albert
    Attached Files

The back:
    Attached Files

Comment

Close up of silver grey herring bone rayon lining:
      Attached Files

Comment

And close up of the size and factory Betr. Ra. stamp:
        Attached Files

Comment

This one was manufactured at KZ Ravensbruck (Betr. Ra.).

Bob

Comment

Very nice Albert...The Betr-Ra markings,HBT lining ect are textbook.

Glenn
            Last edited by Glenn McInnes; 02-13-2006, 08:01 PM.
            "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Thank you Bob and Glenn!

Allways great to receive some confirmation

Any answers to the questions above??? Pleazzze

Best regards,

Albert

Comment

Hello Albert,
                Cotton twill was used earlier than HBT.
                Often, you can also see Cotton twill used to make the inside of pockets flaps or the collar of a HBT tunic.
                I do not think that a kind of lining is earlier than another but it is true that I saw more cotton twill made jacket with tan cotton twill lining and, of course, more HBT jacket with HBT lining. But the opposite is also true.

I have a question:
                I can see that your jacket has black threads. Am I right ?
                I have exaclty the same jacket, same lining, same stamp and mine has also this black thread. Pierre

Comment

Hello Pierre,

Thanks. Yes, I have also seen HBT jackets with the tan cotton twill lining.

To answer your question, yes, you are right, black thread was used on this jacket.

BR,
                  Albert

Comment

Ref the stamp Betr Ra., to my knowledge this is not referring to the cencentration camp Ravensbruck.

The RA is an abbreviation for Rohstoffamt, pls refer to Mollo's books Uniforms of the SS.
                    Looking for any original items related to Danish W-SS volunteers

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X