SS Belt Leibstandarte SS AH..Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Belt Leibstandarte SS AH..Opinions

I have this belt in mint condition with LSSAH marking, and manufactoring marking by Theodor Seibod -Offenbach AM 1942
    opinions please..
    Last edited by bonneville; 02-02-2007, 06:21 AM.

I am EXTREMELY skeptical about anything leather marked with SS... although I know that KL Dachau had a leather shop and made belts and officer boots, I get nervous when I see this stuff. I've seen too much stuff over the years stamped with this kind of markings -- to the point where I automatically ignore it.

Bob

Comment

Like Bob, I am somewhat nervous about this stamping.

I have seen plenty of cut stamped and rubber stamped VA SS straps, however nothing like this before.

In particular, not at all happy about the style of the runes and I wonder why a strap should be dignified in such a way.

Two questions though.

Any possibility of a full view of the strap and specifically, the buckle catch. Also, when was the abbreviation of L SS AH first adopted ?

Regards,

David

Comment

Originally posted by David North

I wonder why a strap should be dignified in such a way.
        David,
        I also would like to see more photo's of the whole thing as well as i am skeptical.

regarding the question above i have seen belts unit/property stamped even equipment straps, i have a few on file that have been recovered from the ground, let me see if i can find the photo's
        cheers
        Gary
        Last edited by Gary Wood; 02-13-2006, 09:03 PM.

Comment

ok found a couple of photos of unit marked items, first is a belt leather, some of the marking is unreadable it is high lighted in yellow
          Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-31-2008, 11:23 AM.

Comment

the ss-TV marking

Comment

here is a bayonet frog, still own this, i also had photo's of another frog property marked as well but was unable to secure that, if i find the pictures i will post them
              cheers
              Gary

Comment

the markings

Comment

also found this, i have this somewhere will try to get a better photo of it, again property marked, equipmet strap

Comment

but marking belt leathers was also done by the army as well,

Comment

Comment

Comment

#4,

Comment

I didn't say that leather goods weren't marked. I have this example myself. This is a quick-release brown leather strap that I use (with a matched strap) to tie up my Waffen-SS camouflaged zeltbahn (Oakleaf A Pattern). You can only really see the stencil marking on this scan as the imprinted part didn't pick up on the scanner. It has "Flak R. 25" and "3. Batt." on them. The Flak marking is right over the 3./ and the Batt is over the 252. I got these when George Petersen sold out his Luftwaffe collection. The ones that Gary has displayed are certainly believeable as they are really early and associated mostly with the SS-VT and SS-TV, but like I said, I've had too many dealers over the years pull all sorts of leather goods including Y-straps with all sorts of SS markings and Totenkopf skulls... so I'm very skeptical of anything like this. Bob.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X