Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ss cap

I like the insignia, but need more close-up detail
    the cap itself, I don't like- the interior leather band is pieced together, the interior wear doesn't match up with exterior, exterior construction looks ok but only a hands on would confirm it

Comment

Thank you drbill.
      unfortunately, I do not have this cap in my hands but I will ask to the seller that he try to send me others detailed pictures.

Comment

This cap has elements that would lead me to assume that (if real) it's a Schellenberg made cap under license. The black velvet padding between cap and sweatband is Schellenberg's Stirndruckfrei design feature. The typeface used for the Stirndruckfrei Deutsches Reichspatent on the shield is also the same for this maker. Whilst we are on the subject of the s/shield, it does look a little like plastic in the photos which would be a killer. Cello shields usually turn slighty opaque in my experience.
        Other areas of concern for me are the purple pasteboard, never seen that before and the way the lining has been gathered up around the sides. I've never seen the folds done so tightly and so regularly before. I can't explain the extra piece of leather added to the s/band, very strange.
        Overall I would be nervous of this cap for the reasons mentioned but also because I've handled 2 so called original SS caps very recently which were both Schellenbergs and they both struck me immediately as being fake. They did show natural aging but not enough aging if you know what I mean and my instinct said no more than 20 years or so old.
        I would tread very carefully with this example.
        Cheers
        Ben

Comment

I can tell you that it's NOT rocking my boat!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz
            I can tell you that it's NOT rocking my boat!

Bob
            And of course I could have just said something similar, why waste words!!

Comment

The skull looks like a fake to me.

Another Assmann knock off.
              Attached Files

Comment

Cap is not right at all insignia is another thing

Comment

Thank you all for your comments

Comment

-

IMO not a chance! Save your money!

Comment

Not for my collection

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X