• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cufftitle opinion

Hi

I wonder if I could ask for a second opinion on this please

I don't like it because:

1. It is not classic salt and pepper weave on the back (maybe it is the photograph)

2. The dots.... on the edge of the cuff are not as uniform as I would expect

3. The middle bar across the capital 'H' is lower than on an original I have seen.

Please correct me if I am wrong

Thanking you in advance

Raymond
    Attached Files

and here is the front
    Attached Files

Comment

I am sure this is bad.

Can someone enlighten me as to who made these and when?

I know there will be someone out there who can pinpoint this one

Raymond

Comment

I believe theswe are still in current production. They are available through numerous websites that cater to re-enactors and those who collect reproductions. Value is anywhere from $15 to $35, depending on which seller. They are made from a cotton and polyester blend.

Bob Hritz
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Thanks Bob.

I will have to look at these sites more to bone up on fakes more.

Cheers

Raymond

Comment

I define these as REPRODUCTIONS... I define them as fakes when somebody tries to pawn them off on me as authentic!

Bob

Comment

This one is original. Note the differences

Cheers, Ade.
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice one Ade... still sewn together! I had one once and it was stained too...

My friend has one on a tunic, an SS-Sturmbannfuhrer of Wirtschafts. It is not named, however, the history of this battalion shows only two men commanded it during it's history. The first, was an SS-Sturmbannfuhrer Helmut Thole, had the War Merit Cross First Class with Swords. The other man was an SS-Hauptsturmfuhrer. This tunic has loops for one badge. Helmut Thole was one of the members of the publishing firm that put out many of the post-war books about the Waffen-SS including the big one with the word Bruder in it... darned memory! The tunic is not named but it's probably his because of the waffenfarben, the rank and the loops for a single badge...

Bob

Comment

Hi Bob, my title is loosely held together with a couple of stitches; but it is heavily cut down, and bloodstained. being an Arnhem buff the unit is of interest to me.

"When all the brothers are silent" That book was actually banned in the UK for a time in the 1980's Foolishly I sold mine as I got a very good offer for it.

Cheers, Ade.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I love "Hoh's"...stained or otherwise...

Greg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X