My "Der Führer" lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My "Der Führer" lot

Hello. Last saturday I got this nice little lot after a Norwegian Waffen-SS veteran, and Im verry happy with it. Im going to start a thread regarding my atributed Waffen-SS collection pretty soon, but just wanted to show this one first (also got two war diaries after the veteran)

The cuff were only used in the recrute, as all Norwegian Wiking volunteers endend up in "Der F******252;hrer" before asigment to "Nordland", "Westland" or "Germania" (altough most of them ended up in Nordland). This soldier ended up in a artillery unit i Rgt. "Nordland" I also have a photo of "my" man.

Hope you like what you see

Cheers
    ******216;yvind
    Last edited by Øyvind; 02-22-2009, 07:01 AM.

Thanks for sharing that find Oyvind!

I love it how you guys in Europe can get the things right from the vets.

John

Comment

wow very nice lot
      Regards Lassi

Comment

Beutiful grouping! Can anyone tell me what is that POLITI badge?

Comment

Nice lot Øyvind! Thanks for sharing!
          Best, norge

Comment

Originally posted by Askold
            Beutiful grouping! Can anyone tell me what is that POLITI badge?
            Hi.

This POLITI badge is the model 1937 norwegian police badge.
            These POLITI badges were used by all police personell in Norway during the 2 ww.
            They are all numbered on the backside and there could be different text engraved on them. ( Statspoliti, Grensepoliti etc.)

Derek
            Last edited by DeMil; 02-06-2006, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Oyvind, could you possibly post a large picture..

Originally posted by Øyvind
              Hello. Last saturday I got this nice little lot after a Norwegian Waffen-SS veteran, and Im verry happy with it. Im going to start a thread regarding my atributed Waffen-SS collection pretty soon, but just wanted to show this one first (also got two war diaries after the veteran)

The cuff were only used in the recrute, as all Norwegian Wiking volunteers endend up in "Der Führer" before asigment to "Nordland", "Westland" or "Germania" (altough most of them ended up in Nordland). This soldier ended up in a artillery unit i Rgt. "Nordland" I also have a photo of "my" man.

Hope you like what you see

Cheers
              Øyvind
              of the Frontkaempfer badge? It would be nice to see a clear picture of the real thing.

regards,

Konrad

Comment

Thanks for all the nice words regarding the grouping, and thank you Derek for helping me out with the info regarding the "Politi" badge. Groupings like this is getting harder to come by, cause the interest for these things have just exploded here in Norway. So im very gratefull for the humble collectin I have managed to asemble so far.

Cheers
                Øyvind

Comment

Hi ******216;yvind.
                  Realy nice lot you have there!
                  Did you just ask the vet?:P

hilsen Julius heide.

Comment

Herlig Øyvind....

We have to drink some beer soon....

Comment

Sure thing my friend

A good friend of mine had to correct me regarding the info about this man. I wrote that he was asigned to rgt "Nordland", but that is not the fact. After "Der F******252;hrer" he ended up in "AR5", on a hauoitzer batery.

Cheers
                      ******216;yvind

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X