Ss Swagger Stick???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ss Swagger Stick???

Hi folks, I was recently contacted by a gent who has some TR artifacts and one included what he described as an SS swagger stick with ss runes. I have not been able to track down any info on such a thing, does anyone know whether there were such things and if so what would an original in good condition be worth. thanks Mark

Hi Mark, find out if it is an ornate hand carved stick. If so, these were often made by Russian POW's and sold to officer's. UK prices in the range of ******163;180.00 to ******163;250.00 These are often very nice pieces, but very hard to accurately date time of manufacture.

Comment

Thanks for that strurmbannfuher, I could not find anything in my limited references to the SS uniforms and swagger sticks, I thought they were a rather British item of uniform, and the owner seems very genuine about it being fair dinkum so I will check out its construction if I can acquire it I will post a picture for opinions, thanks again
      Mark

Comment

Hi Mark, swagger sticks and walking sticks are different to the Germans to where they are specific to us Brits. There is one of the Russian carved ones listed on ab-militaria.com, there is also a picture for it on the site, item code y0226: ARMY/WAFFEN-SS OFFICER’S “WOLKOV STOCK” WALKING STICK Type carved by Russian prisoners of war for sale to German officers. Measures 3ft 3ins, made from black painted birch that is carved to reveal the lighter coloured wood beneath. Shows a large eagle and swastika, with the words “Russland” and “Tossno”. Very fine quality carving, with a separate wooden carved snake winding around it. These were very popular souvenirs amongst German troops and are often seen in period photographs. Very good condition. £185.00

Comment

Sturmbannfuhrer - I would not buy anything from Alan Beadle if it was your money I was paying him with.

I certainly would not use his website as a reference source - except for reproductions.........

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X