Fake SS Posters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake SS Posters?

I posted these over in the Paper forum, but thought it may hit home more over here.

I was wondering if anyone has seen these two posters before and if they are fakes or not?

They do not look good to me and I thought the words "zu uns" should not have the umlauts over them on the 12 SS Hitlerjugend poster.

Any help would be appreciated.<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
    Attached Files

Horst Wessel
    Attached Files

Comment

HI Tony...I can not say on these two for sure...but I do know that they are making fake SS "fantasy" posters in the former USSR and selling them here for about $ 150.00 at shows...they are done on some old looking almost "rubbery" paper as I recall the size is about 2 foot by 3 foot or so...I have also seen fake Anti-Semetic posters...I call the fake SS posters "fantasy" posters because I think they are not copies of anything that really existed but rather something put together with a graphics program and the imagination of the faker.

John

Comment

Thanks John. Interesting info.

Member Gene provided this answer on the Paper forum.

"Yeah, they're fake. The u's shouldn't have Umlauts and the word "Division" must have a capital D. Nice looking pieces otherwise though!"

Comment

The "-" you see above "zu uns" were here to help the eye make the difference between n, m and u.
          They were no "******252;".

You'll find as well the same sign above a letter that should be doubled, but the writer is too lazy to do it or doesn't have the place to. Was more used during ww1 than ww2, example: Komando with a "-" above the m, as it should be written Kommando.

Regards
          Gilles

Comment

The HJ image was an original postcard & poster minus the div emb & HJ text.The "KZU" slogan was the same with same mark over the letters.Even if fake still a nice image.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X