Gestapo Disc VS SS helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gestapo Disc VS SS helmet

I had to make a tough decision whether to buy a near mint Gestapo Warrant disc with chain or a Double Decal M35 SS helmet. Which one of these from the collector/investment standpoint is the hardest to aquire. In other words did I do the right thing going for the origional disc,,,,,,,Thanks for advice Jimmy

disc v d/d

hello jimmy, both items are so copied these days that the thought scares me. like me your only a member , im computer illiterate, ive no scanner and wouldtnt know how to post pictures if i was an assosiation member. im hoping both were o.k. so my choice would be the disc. two books will help you alot , first is don bibles third reich warrent discs and secondly kelly hicks steel helmets. both a must if you collect like me but are still green round the gills. cheers phil.

Comment

I'd go for the gestapo disc (providing its an early one) much rarer that the DD SS helmet.....can you post a pic?

Comment

The Gestapo disk is much rarer. But there will more guys looking for a DD SS M35 when it comes time to sell, so the collector in me says go for the disk, the investor goes for the Helmet.

A helmet will also impress more "non-collector types" but a disk like that will surely impress the collectors. ( I am impressed you found one!)

There are only a few guys that can truely authenticate a real disk (Don Bible being the big one) so I would get it authenticated in writing, that will help the saleability down the road.

Can't wait to see pics!
        http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

disk or helmet....are they 100% original first???

Comment

helmet or disc

Hands down the Gestapo disc.I have some dd ss that I have had for years but I have only seen 2 orig. Gestapo disc in 45 years of collecting.They are so rare.

Good collecting
            Dennis J

Comment

Getsapo DIsc, but spend the time and money to get Don Bible to authenticate it in person, you will be glad he did. He authenticated mine in 2000, and I am so glad he did. He's a true Gentleman, one fo the most honest out there. Good luck!
              Joe

Comment

Gestapo Disc

It is disc number 5521 it has been authenticated by Don with a letter back in 2005. It has the chain with it. It came from Steve Wolfe who had it squirrlled away. If somebody wants some pictures to post on the forum I will mail them too them. Thanks for the advice.........Jimmy

Comment

Fyi

If anyone is interested Steve has 2 others for sale in not quite as nice a condition but origional. Lettered by Don as well I believe.....Regards Jimmy

Comment

Tough choice to make, but both great collectibles. I own 3 gestapo discs myself.

Steve Wolfe is a great guy whenever you need that "hard to find" item in great condition.

Comment

In my opinion the disc is much rarer but the DD SS helmet will out perform the disc finiancially, along with a broader market.

Comment

I think both are quite desirable pieces to have. I have, however, owned about 5 gestapo disks, but only 2 double decal M35s. Maybe it's a matter of personal choice, though. If you really want something rare, try a Gemeinde Disk. They are 20x rarer than Gestapo disks, but command about the same price.

Comment

Hi there I have newer owned either a gestapo disks, or a double decal M35 . But if I had to pick one of them I would grab the SS helmet
                          That is what I like the most
                          Best regards Lassi

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X